Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Over the last several years the Harvard School of Public Health has modified the following facilities to meet ADA requirements.
- Fire alarm systems in all buildings which provide audio/visual aids, such as narrated instructions and blinking lights.
- Electrically operated doors in connection corridors between buildings in addition to entrance/exit doors in SPH-1, Kresge and FXB buildings.
- All SPH public elevators have been upgraded with ADA approved control panels.
- Each restroom, both men’s and women’s, floors ground through seven in the FXB building is wheelchair accessible. Additionally, there is a restroom on the lower level of Kresge building that is ADA compliant.
- Doorknobs are being replaced with ADA approved levers in all classrooms and public areas.
- The entrance to the FXB building and the links between Kresge and SPH-1 on the first and fifth floors are equipped with ADA compliant wheelchair ramps.
We will continue to adapt the HSPH campus to ADA regulations. We expect to have the buildings completely upgraded within the next five years.