Fire Evacuation Instructions
- The Alert (pre-signal) is a series of four tones at approximately one second intervals.
- The Alarm System will then provide a taped message:”Attention Please. The signal tone you have just heard indicated a report of an emergency in this building. If your floor evacuation signal sounds after this message, walk to the nearest stairway and leave the floor. While the report is being verified, occupants on the other floors should await further instruction.
- The Evacuation Signal is a standard “slow whoop” tone.
- Call HUPD at extension 617-432-1212. Give building, room and phone number for location of disabled person. Also give nature of disability preventing evacuation by stair (e.g. wheelchair, crutches, respiratory problems).
- Emergency personnel will be dispatched to assist the disabled person. Please, if possible, stay at the original location or suggest an alternate location if the emergency is close to you. A stairwell landing or restroom may provide temporary shelter.
Detailed fire evacuation procedures are attached to the entrance doors of your department, center or office.
Fire Evacuation Assembly Areas
Kresge — Countway Plaza
FXB — Huntington Avenue/Palace Lot
SPH — Countway Plaza
SPH 2 — Countway Plaza