Prospective Students for 2016-17: Please visit the Applying for Aid page on the Admissions website.
Returning Students for 2016-17: Returning students are no longer required to complete the online Harvard Chan Financial Aid Application. However, domestic returning students in eligible degree programs who wish to apply for federal aid must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
To complete the 2016-17 FAFSA
- Eligible degree programs are: MPH45, MPH65, SM, and DrPH
- Students in ineligible degree programs SHOULD NOT complete the FAFSA.
- Returning students should file the FAFSA no later than February 8, 2016, to be considered for need-based federal aid. OFA strongly recommends completing the FAFSA no later than April 2016 to ensure consideration for federal aid.
- Estimated W-2 and/or tax information is accepted on the FAFSA. However, once you have completed your taxes, please log in to your completed FAFSA and update any applicable information. We strongly encourage applicants make use of the IRS data retrieval tool contained on the FAFSA.
- The on-line FAFSA application is available at http://www.fafsa.gov/.
- The Harvard Chan federal code is E00214 (select Harvard School of Public Health)
- FAFSA applications are not available until after January 1st, 2016.
- Students may call 800-4FEDAID if they have any FAFSA-related questions or issues
OFA will begin packaging returning students’ Federal Loans and Harvard Chan School Central Scholarships at the end of April 2016. Students should contact their academic departments directly regarding the timeline of notifications of training grants/academic funding.
Students are welcome to contact our office regarding questions on all aspects of financial aid at (617) 432-1867 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The OFA is committed to assisting students meet the cost of an education at the Harvard Chan School. The OFA manages both merit-based and need-based funds. The primary sources of funding at the School are scholarships, grants, loans, work-study and outside funding. Please be advised that the School has limited scholarship funds and may not be able to meet fully each student’s needs. Therefore, the OFA encourages students to explore all funding opportunities; including funding that may come directly from the academic departments, and/or externally. For additional information about funding opportunities both within and outside of the School, students are encouraged to visit our website at: http://hsph.harvard.edu/osfs/.
The Priority Application Deadline is: February 12, 2016