Apply for Financial Aid for 2016–2017
The Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health (SPH) Office of Financial Aid (OFA) requires that all new applicants in eligible degree programs complete the financial aid application in full in order to be considered for funding at Harvard. NOTE: The 2016-17 online application via MyFinaid is now available. OFA began emailing login instructions (including MyFinaid Student IDs) to new applicants in mid-January 2016. If by late-January 2016 you have not received this email and have completed the Admissions application process via SOPHAS, please contact OFA.
The Priority Application Deadline is: February 12, 2016
Financial Aid Application Requirements
for NEW Applicants
|Program Descriptions||International Students||Domestic (U.S. Citizens and Eligible Non-Citizens)|
||Not Eligible to Apply for Financial Aid||Not Eligible to Apply for Financial Aid|
|NEW Online MPH in Epidemiology. For Financial Aid opportunities- please visit:MPH Online Finance||Harvard Chan Financial Aid Application only||
This program is not eligible for Federal Aid –FAFSA should not be completed
|All other degrees not listed above:
|Harvard Chan Financial Aid Application only
Returning Students for 2016-17: Are no longer required to complete the online Harvard Chan Financial Aid Application. However, domestic returning students who wish to apply for federal aid must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
* To complete the 2016-17 FAFSA
- Applicants should file the FAFSA no later than February 8, 2016, to ensure completion by the priority deadline date.
- Returning students do not have a priority filing deadline. However, OFA recommends completing the FAFSA by the end of April 2016.
- Estimated W-2 and/or tax information is accepted on the FAFSA. However, once you have completed your taxes, please log in to your completed FAFSA and update any applicable information. We strongly encourage applicants make use of the IRS data retrieval tool contained on the FAFSA.
- The on-line FAFSA application is available at http://www.fafsa.gov/.
- The Harvard Chan federal code is E00214 (select Harvard School of Public Health)
- FAFSA applications are not available until after January 1st, 2016.
- Students may call 800-4FEDAID if they have any FAFSA-related questions or issues
All applicants in eligible degree programs who are notified of their acceptance to the Harvard Chan School should expect to receive an e-mail communication from OFA by the end of the following week. OFA continues to review completed financial aid applications and notifies accepted students via e-mail to view MyFinaid for any available funding or updates to awards.
OFA will begin packaging returning students’ Federal Loans and Harvard Chan School Central Scholarships at the end of April 2016. Students should contact their academic departments directly regarding the timeline of notifications of training grants/academic funding.
Students are welcome to contact our office regarding questions on all aspects of financial aid at (617) 432-1867 or via email at email@example.com.
The OFA is committed to assisting students meet the cost of an education at the Harvard Chan School. The OFA manages both merit-based and need-based funds. The primary sources of funding at the School are scholarships, grants, loans, work-study and outside funding. Please be advised that the School has limited scholarship funds and may not be able to meet fully each student’s needs. Therefore, the OFA encourages students to explore all funding opportunities; including funding that may come directly from the academic departments, and/or externally. For additional information about funding opportunities both within and outside of the School, students are encouraged to visit our website at: http://hsph.harvard.edu/osfs/.