Apply for Financial Aid for 2014-2015
The Harvard School of Public Health (HSPH) Office of Student Financial Services (OSFS) requires that all new applicants applying for financial aid* complete the electronic HSPH Application for Financial Aid, which is contained within the HSPH Financial Aid Web Portal MyFinaid. It is strongly recommended that Admissions applicants complete the application by the Priority Application Deadline. NOTE: The 2014-15 online application is now available.
The Priority Application Deadline for ALL new applicants (which includes current students applying to a new degree and applicants who have deferred their Admissions acceptance from a prior year) is: February 14, 2014
To complete the HSPH application, you will need:
- Your SFS Student ID number with instructions on how to log in to your MyFinaid account which you will receive via email.
New Applicants for 2014-15: OSFS will begin sending the SFS Student ID emails to applicants in mid-December 2013. If by mid-January 2014 you have not received this email and have completed the Admissions application process via SOPHAS, please contact OSFS.
Returning Students for 2014-15: Are no longer required to complete the online HSPH Financial Aid Application. Domestic returning students who wish to apply for federal aid must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- The Supplemental Instructions for the 2014-15 online HSPH Financial Aid application
Supplemental instructions for domestic students
Supplemental instructions for international students
Domestic students (U.S. Citizens and Eligible Non-Citizens) will also be required to complete the 2014-15 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- ALL new applicants should file the FAFSA no later than February 10, 2014, to ensure the FAFSA completion date meets the priority deadline.
- Returning students do not have a priority filing deadline. However, SFS recommends completing the FAFSA by the end of April 2014.
- Estimated W-2 and/or tax information is accepted on the FAFSA. However, once you have completed your taxes, please log in to your completed FAFSA and update any applicable information. We strongly encourage applicants make use of the IRS data retrieval tool contained on the FAFSA.
- The on-line FAFSA application is available at http://www.fafsa.gov/.
- When filing the FAFSA, the HSPH federal code is E00214.
- FAFSA applications are not available until after January 1st, 2014.
- Students may call 800-4FEDAID if they have any FAFSA-related questions or issues
*Applicants and students who are NOT eligible to apply for financial aid via the MyFinaid application process:
- Summer degree programs and Non-degree students
- Health Care Management Program (SM1)
- Harvard Joint Program with Harvard Law School (HLS) JD/MPH students. Please contact HLS.
- PhD programs through the Graduate School of Arts & Sciences (GSAS). Please contact GSAS.
All applicants in eligible programs who are notified of their acceptance to the HSPH should expect to receive an e-mail communication from OSFS by the end of the following week. OSFS continues to review completed financial aid applications and notifies accepted students via e-mail to view MyFinAid for any available funding or updates to awards.
OSFS will begin packaging returning students’ Federal Loans and HSPH Central Scholarships at the end of April. Students should contact their academic departments directly regarding the timeline of notifications of training grants/academic funding.
Students are welcome to contact our office regarding questions on all aspects of financial aid at (617) 432-1867 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The OSFS is committed to assisting students meet the cost of an education at HSPH. The OSFS manages both merit-based and need-based funds. The primary sources of funding at HSPH are scholarships, grants, loans, work-study and outside funding. Please be advised that the school has limited scholarship funds and may not be able to meet fully each student’s needs. Therefore, the OSFS encourages students to explore all funding opportunities; including funding that may come directly from the academic departments, and/or externally. For additional information about funding opportunities both within and outside of HPSH, students are encouraged to visit our website at: http://hsph.harvard.edu/osfs/.