Global health needs a new kind of leader. From dangerous pandemics to widespread obesity, from ineffective health systems to air and water pollution, 21st century health challenges can threaten communities, economies and national security on unprecedented scales. Today’s leaders need to be able to translate technical research into effective policy. The Division of Policy Translation and Leadership Development bridges these worlds.
NEWS AND ANNOUNCEMENTS
Forbes Reports on Meta-Leadership: Developed at NPLI, meta-leadership has many lessons, particularly in a crisis.
HSPH-PERLC CHEMPACK Training Initiative aims to develop and customize online trainings based on state specific plans.
Curious About Case-Based Learning? HSPH Professor Nancy Kane has recorded a series of brief videos on the storied case-based method.
Watch videos on demand any time:
- U.S. Secretary of Transportation Anthony Foxx on Preventing Distracted Driving;
- Lois Gibbs on the Love Canal grassroots effort and leadership;
- Anthony Fauci on leading federal agency NIAID;
- Arianna Huffington on how to Thrive;
- Gabriel Jaramillo, Former Head of The Global Fund;
- Valerie Jarrett, Senior Advisor to President Barack Obama;
- Sugar, Salt and Supplements;
- Elaine Kamarck, Senior Fellow at Brookings, on the Convergence of Politics and Policy;
- Bill Strickland, President of Manchester Bidwell, on the Art of Leadership.
Executive and Continuing Professional Education — Which Program Is Right for You? Use this helpful finder to see what program matches your interests.