All HSPH students are encouraged to participate in CPHL-sponsored activities. For those seeking more intensive leadership development training while at HSPH, CPHL offers an Interdisciplinary Public Health Leadership (PHL) Concentration as a complement to students’ HSPH degree of focus.
Students who successfully complete the concentration will be better prepared to:
- Become effective change agents in health care and public health
- Create collaborations in health care and public health
- Design unique and strategic approaches to address public health priorities
- Lead teams to implement public health reforms involving multiple stakeholders
- Communicate a clear mission, measurable goals, and authentic values in support of public health
- Prepare and implement a leadership self-assessment plan
Interdisciplinary PHL Concentration Requirements
A. Leadership Development Courses: 10 Credits>>
The PHL Concentration requires completion of at least 10 credits of leadership-related courses. Click here to learn more.
Click Here for a PDF of the available leadership courses.
B. Leadership Role within PHL Concentration Community>>
To complete the PHL Concentration, participating students will be active members of the CPHL community. Click here to learn more.
D. Non-credit Leadership Workshops>>
Workshops and seminars are open to all HSPH students and staff. The PHL Concentration requires completion of at least ONE non-credit workshops or seminars in addition to course work. Click here to learn more.
E. PHL Concentration Portfolio>>
All PHL Concentration students must compile a cumulative, leadership portfolio demonstrating objectives and progress, as well as growth and reflection during the Concentration experience. Click here to learn more.
For more information, please contact: CPHL@hsph.harvard.edu