Senior Leadership Fellows: Call for Nominations
The Senior Leadership Fellows Program provides a bridge from the world of decision-making to the world of academe. It offers a unique and rare opportunity for those who have recently served in high-level positions in government, multilateral institutions, non-profit organizations, and journalism to spend time at Harvard sharing experiences with students and collaborating with renowned academic colleagues as they explore important issues pertaining to strategic decision-making and leadership development in health. In most cases, Fellows will have served as ministerial-level government officials, leading parliamentarians and diplomats, high-ranking officials of multilateral institutions, heads of international or local non-profit organizations and in other senior policy-making roles, or as leading health journalists. There are two three-month fellowships offered: The Gro Harlem Brundtland Fellowship seeks candidates from lower-middle income countries with special emphasis on Africa, and The Richard L. and Ronay A. Menschel Fellowship seeks domestic and international leaders.
Experiences will include:
- Integration into the life of the Harvard School of Public Health while engaging in reflections in a stimulating and intellectually challenging environment.
- Teaching an eight-week seminar based on the Fellows’ leadership experience.
- Mentoring students by honing their expertise in leadership and decision making.
- Meeting with appropriate HSPH faculty, researchers and other visitors to Harvard in the Greater Boston area to collaborate on areas of interest.
- Meeting with faculty at other Harvard schools for the purposes of collaboration, networking, guest lecturing in classes, and professional enhancement.
- Opportunity to shape an emerging generation of global leaders in public health through experiences enhancing and developing transformational leadership.
- Fellows will receive a salary and benefits.
This is not a research appointment, but an opportunity to connect with students and faculty who wish to learn lessons of leadership from senior decision-makers.
Please send nominations or letters of interest along with a current curriculum vitae to:
Ms. Betty Johnson
Director, Fellow & Student Programs
Division of Policy Translation and Leadership Development
Harvard School of Public Health
677 Huntington Avenue
Boston, MA 02115
Tel: (617) 432-1809