The Research Core (RC) serves to spearhead and support the interdisciplinary research launched by the Pop Center’s faculty members, postdoctoral fellows and affiliated researchers. Its team of specialists provides comprehensive services from –
- Acquiring and storing data in a secure and shared environment
- Implementing and managing the various levels of data security required
- Providing guidance with IRB applications
- Providing support for research design
- Collaborating with researchers on project development
- Providing temporary office space for research collaborators
The RC also serves as a nexus of information by facilitating access to existing University resources such as Harvard’s decentralized IT departments and with Harvard’s Institute for Quantitative Social Science and the Harvard-MIT Data Center. It hosts regular users’ group meetings and specialized workshops on methodologies. The Pop Center’s Program Department collaborates closely with the RC in determining the best means of disseminating crucial results from its projects.
To learn more about the RC, visit our web pages or contact the RC’s director, Jocelyn Finlay, at email@example.com with questions.
Location: The Pop Center’s address is 9 Bow St, Cambridge (gray Victorian house). The RC is located behind the gray house in the beige single story building.