Terms and Conditions of the Program (2013-2015)
• The David E. Bell Fellowship is a one or two year post-doctoral training program (applicants should indicate in their cover letter if they desire a one or two year stint). Fellows’ salaries for the academic year 2013-2015 will be $60,000/year plus fringe benefits including health. Relocation funds of up to $5000 are also provided by the program to be used for flight to Harvard and the shipment of personal items. The program follows Harvard’s policies with regard to reimbursing relocation expenses.
• Bell Fellows are expected to complete the one or two year program on-site. If a Fellow desires to be off-site for longer than two weeks, the fellow must discuss the request with the Center director in advance.
• The focus of the fellowship program must be on training and research. Fellows will have access to the following funds to aid in their experience while at Harvard:
-$2000 in research/training funds to be used for hiring a research assistant, purchasing books and materials, etc.
-$1000 in travel funds to be used toward attending one or more professional conferences or meetings pertaining to the fellow’s research area.
• Each Bell Fellow is expected to develop and carry out a work plan for his/her tenure. This will serve as the blueprint for achieving the goals set forth in the fellowship. The development of the plan should be done with input from the Center director and other mentors.
• During the academic year, each fellow is expected to present in at least one “Work-in-Progress” lunch during the Center’s Friday lunch series.
• It is expected that the fellows will participate as much as possible in Center activities including regularly scheduled seminars.