QIP offers a variety of research support services and education to the HSPH research community in order to assist investigators and their research staff with maintaining compliance with federal regulations, state and local laws, and institutional policies.
QIP can assist investigators and their study staff by:
1. Providing general guidance or study specific services at study startup or throughout the course of a study. These services can include Routine On-site Review, Study Consultation, Educational service, Submission Assistance, External Audit Preparation, and Study Management Tools.
2. Providing temporary research coordinator/ project manager support at no cost.
3. Providing investigators with quality improvement recommendations to ensure that research is conducted in accordance with best practices.
4. Providing training and education to the research community.
5. Providing confidential discussion and correspondence.
QIP ensures institutional regulatory compliance by:
- Conducting Directed (for-cause) Audits at the request of the HSPH, HMS/HSDM Institutional Officials. Directed Audits focus on areas of concern that may have been identified by a variety of entities, i.e., federal, state or institutional.
- Investigating allegations and findings of non-compliance.
- Reporting potential serious or continuing non-compliance to HSPH, HMS/HSDM Institutional Officials and proposing corrective actions.
Contact Leslie Howes, QIP Director, to learn more about how QIP can benefit you and your research team.