ORSD Strategic Aims:
Support researchers in growing and diversifying research funding.
- Coordinate research development resources and supports provided through ORSD, External Relations (OER), the Office of Technology Development (OTD), Sponsored Programs Administration (SPA), and the Office of Regulatory Affairs and Research Compliance (ORARC).
- Deliver workshops and seminars to help faculty develop funding strategies.
- Disseminate funding opportunities through broad and targeted announcements, funding opportunity databases, and customized searches.
- Help faculty manage and grow their research enterprise
Increase competitiveness for extramural research support.
- Provide wide range of proposal development supports for the Harvard Chan School faculty, including: an NIH Grant-Writing Short Course, external review and editing services for grant applications, support for large-scale grant opportunities.
- Develop templates and resources to support proposal development.
- Administer Career Incubator Fund.
Develop and implement research policy to protect and enhance resources.
- PI Eligibility Policy
- Streamlined IRB (ORARC)
- Internal Deadline Policy (SPA)
Optimize administrative support for research.
- Deploy Curvita, a faculty profile management and training grant tracking & reporting system.
- Work with departments and SPA to streamline research administration business processes and enhance administrative supports.
- Coordinate limited submission opportunities
Catalyze emerging and inter-departmental research.
- Maximize opportunities to develop cross-cutting, multidisciplinary research
- Provide coordination for school-wide initiatives including Genes to the Globe and Comparative Effectiveness Research
- Facilitate cross-departmental seminars and development opportunities