Understanding the NIH Application and Review Process
The Office of Research Strategy and Development has delivered a number of information sessions designed to help faculty understand the NIH peer review process. Additionally, the NIH has also developed a number of instructional supports and analysis related to the NIH grant writing, application, and peer review processes. Materials from both ORSD and NIH supports may be downloaded at the links indicated below:
- “Navigating NIH – Succeeding as an Independent Investigator,” designed for junior faculty and fellows who are new to the NIH funding process.
- “Introduction to Grant Writing I: Demystifying the NIH Grant Review Process“
- “Introduction to Grant Writing II: Strategies for Writing Effective Training and Research Plans“
- “How is the New Scoring System Working?,”
- View CSR’s video’s, “NIH Peer Review Revealed” and “NIH Tips for Applicants
- View CSR data analysis demonstrating modest increase in NIH applications.