Catalyst Consultation Services
Harvard Catalyst provides no-cost consultation services to all Harvard and affiliated faculty. Consultation services cover many fields, including biostatistics, genetics, imaging, health disparities, and community-based participatory research, as described below. For detailed information about requesting a consultation, to learn more about the consultants, get advice on grant development or find resources to support your efforts, visit the Catalyst Consultation Page.
Consultations and expertise are available on a range of relevant clinical and translational areas for projects in early stages of development. The program also promotes the development and mentoring of Harvard Catalyst biostatisticians, as well as biostatistical training for clinical investigators.
- Grant submission/resubmission
- IRB submission
- Protocol review
- Design for nongrant project/feasibility consultation
- Education on a statistical topic
- Analysis planning and advice
- Assistance with response to a manuscript/journal reviewer
Imaging Consulting Program
Consultation is available in the planning and design of medical imaging research.
- Selection of appropriate imaging modality to assess clinical or treatment outcome
- Choice of appropriate image acquisition parameters for greatest sensitivity and specificity of outcome measure
- Identification of most appropriate medical image analysis methods
- Development of experimental design for clinical translational studies
- Identifying appropriate imaging acquisition and analysis facilities for clinical trials (e.g. DFCI Tumor Metric Core)
- Identifying appropriate collaborators for imaging and image analysis
- Guidance for implementation of multi-site studies with medical image acquisition
- Training in the use of specific medical image analysis software tools
- Guidance on IRB and human subjects issues specific to medical imaging studies including template language
- Career development guidance for investigators in the areas of biomedical imaging
Harvard Catalyst offers advice and training to Harvard researchers and community partners seeking to conduct translational research in community settings.
- CBPR education and training
- Proposal assistance
- Project guidance
- Connection to potential collaborators
- IND and IDE Regulatory Requirements Education Services
- Sponsor-Investigator IND and IDE Assistance
- Human subjects research QA/QI expertise
- Support for institution-based education and training
- Ethical challenges or uncertainties in clinical & translational research
- Social/policy implications of research projects or methodologies