List of Publications
List of Publications
1. Pabayo R., Barnett, TA., Datta, T., O’Loughlin J., Lambert M., Kawachi, I. Area level social fragmentation is associated with less walking for exercise. Cross-sectional findings from the Quebec Adipose and Lifestyle Investigation in Youth (QUALITY) Study. Accepted at American Journal of Public Health.
2. Pabayo R., O’Loughlin J., Gauvin L., and Barnett T. Does intolerance of smoking in and around schools contribute to initiation of cigarette use among adolescents? Nicotine & Tobacco Research. 2012 Feb 21. [Epub ahead of print]
3. Pabayo R., Spence J., Casey, L., Storey, K., Cutumisu N. Socio-demographic, behavioral, and environmental correlates of sweetened beverage consumption among pre-school children. Public Health Nutrition. 2012 Jan 24:1-9. [Epub ahead of print].
4. Pabayo R., Spence J., Casey, L., Storey, K. An examination of the food consumption patterns of preschool children. Canadian Journal of Dietetic Practice and Research (In Press).
5. Pabayo R., Gauvin L., Barnett TA., Morency P., Nikiéma B., Seguin L. Understanding determinants of active transportation to school among children living in poverty: Evidence of environmental injustice from the Quebec Longitudinal Study of Child Development. 2012 Mar;18(2):163-71. Epub 2011 Sep 10.
6. Pabayo R., Gauvin L., and Barnett T. Longitudinal changes in active transportation to school in Canadian youth aged 6 through 16 years. Pediatrics. 2011 Aug; 128(2):e404-13. Epub 2011 Jul 4.
7. Pabayo R., Belsky J., Gauvin L., and Curtis S. Do Area Characteristics Predict Change in moderate-to-vigorous physical activity from ages 11 to 15? Social Science and Medicine. 2011 Feb;72(3):430-8.
8. Joyce K., Pabayo R., Critchley JA., Bambra C. Flexible working conditions and their effects on employee health and well being. Cochrane Database Systematic Review. 2010 Feb 17;2:CD008009.
9. Pabayo R., Gauvin L., Barnett TA, Nikiéma B., Seguin L. Sustained Active Transportation is associated with a Favorable BMI Trajectory across the Early School Years: Findings from the Quebec Longitudinal Study of Child Development birth cohort. Preventive Medicine Supp63 2010 Jan;50 Suppl 1:S59-64. Epub 2009 Sep 19.
10. Pabayo R. & Gauvin L. Proportions of students who use various modes of transportation to and from school in a representative population-based sample of children and adolescents, 1999. Preventive Medicine 2008 Jan;46(1):63-6. Epub 2007 Aug 3.
11. Pabayo R., O’Loughlin J., Gauvin L., Paradis, G., Gray-Donald K. Impact of a ban on extracurricular activities on students’ levels of physical activity. Health Education & Behavior. 2006 Oct;33(5):690-702. Epub 2006 Jul 21.