List of Publications
- Pabayo R., Molnar, B., & Kawachi, I. The Relationship between Social Fragmentation and Sleep Among Adolescents Living in Boston, Massachussetts. Journal of Public Health (Accepted)
- Pabayo R., Kawachi, I., & Gilman, S. State-Level income inequality and depression among a cohort of American Adults. Journal of Epidemiology and Community Health. 2014 Feb 1;68(2):110-5. doi: 10.1136/jech-2013-203093. Epub 2013 Sep 24.
- Pabayo R., Molnar, B., & Kawachi, I. Exposure to homicide is associated with smoking, alcohol consumption, and marijuana use among adolescents participating in the 2008 Boston Youth Study. Journal of Urban Health 2013 Oct 2. [Epub ahead of print]
- Pabayo R., Chiavegatto Filho, A., Lebrão, ML., & Kawachi, I. The association between income inequality and mortality in Sao Paulo, Brazil. American Journal of Public Health. 2013 Sep;103(9):e43-9. doi: 10.2105/AJPH.2013.301496. Epub 2013 Jul 18.
- Pabayo R., Alcantara, C., Kawachi, I., Wood, E. & Kerr, T. The Role of Depression and Social Support in Non-Fatal Drug Overdose Among a Cohort of Injection Drug Users. 2013. 2013 May 3. doi:pii: S0376-8716(13)00134-8. 10.1016/j.drugalcdep.2013.04.007. [Epub ahead of print]
- Pabayo R., Maximova K., Veugelers, P.J., Spence, J. The Importance of Active Transportation to and from School for Daily Physical Activity Among Children in Canada. Preventive Medicine. 2012. Sep; 55(3):196-200. Epub 2012 Jun 18.
- Pabayo R., Barnett, TA., Datta, T., O’Loughlin J., Lambert M., Kawachi, I. Area level social fragmentation is associated with less walking for exercise. Cross-sectional findings from the Quebec Adipose and Lifestyle Investigation in Youth (QUALITY) Study. American Journal of Public Health. 2012 Sep;102(9):e30-e37. Epub 2012 Jun 28.
- Pabayo R., Spence J., Casey, L., Storey, K. An examination of the food consumption patterns of preschool children. Canadian Journal of Dietetic Practice and Research. 2012 Summer;73(2):66-71.
- Pabayo R., O’Loughlin J., Cohen J., Barnett T., and Gauvin L. Does intolerance of smoking in and around schools contribute to initiation of cigarette use among adolescents? Nicotine & Tobacco Research. 2012 Feb 21. [Epub ahead of print]
- Pabayo R., Spence J., Casey, L., Storey, K., Cutumisu N. Socio-demographic, behavioral, and environmental correlates of sweetened beverage consumption among pre-school children. Public Health Nutrition. 2012 Jan 24:1-9. [Epub ahead of print].
- Pabayo R., Gauvin L., Barnett TA., Morency P., Nikiéma B., Seguin L. Understanding determinants of active transportation to school among children living in poverty: Evidence of environmental injustice from the Quebec Longitudinal Study of Child Development. 2012 Mar;18(2):163-71. Epub 2011 Sep 10.
- Pabayo R., Gauvin L., and Barnett T. Longitudinal changes in active transportation to school in Canadian youth aged 6 through 16 years. Pediatrics. 2011 Aug; 128(2):e404-13. Epub 2011 Jul 4.
- Pabayo R., Belsky J., Gauvin L., and Curtis S. Do Area Characteristics Predict Change in moderate-to-vigorous physical activity from ages 11 to 15? Social Science and Medicine. 2011 Feb;72(3):430-8.
- Joyce K., Pabayo R., Critchley JA., Bambra C. Flexible working conditions and their effects on employee health and well being. Cochrane Database Systematic Review. 2010 Feb 17;2:CD008009.
- Pabayo R., Gauvin L., Barnett TA, Nikiéma B., Seguin L. Sustained Active Transportation is associated with a Favorable BMI Trajectory across the Early School Years: Findings from the Quebec Longitudinal Study of Child Development birth cohort. Preventive MedicineSupp63 2010 Jan;50 Suppl 1:S59-64. Epub 2009 Sep 19.
- Pabayo R. & Gauvin L. Proportions of students who use various modes of transportation to and from school in a representative population-based sample of children and adolescents, 1999. Preventive Medicine 2008 Jan;46(1):63-6. Epub 2007 Aug 3.
- Pabayo R., O’Loughlin J., Gauvin L., Paradis, G., Gray-Donald K. Impact of a ban on extracurricular activities on students’ levels of physical activity. Health Education & Behavior. 2006 Oct;33(5):690-702. Epub 2006 Jul 21.