My research interest spans a broad range of applications in statistical genetics and computational biology. In the past few years, my work focuses on methods applied to HIV-1 sequence and host genetics data, particularly in studying HIV-1 drug resistance mutations, viral sequence evolution, and associations between host genomics and pharmacokinetics. My experience also include performing statistical and bioinformatics analyses based on genomics data generated from high-throughput and next-generation sequencing platforms.
- Vardhanabhuti S, Jeng XJ, Wu Y, Li H. Parametric modeling of whole-genome sequencing data for CNV identification. Biostatistics. 2014 Jan 28. PubMed PMID: 24478395.
- Vardhanabhuti S, Acosta EP, Ribaudo HJ, Severe P, Lalloo U, Kumarasamy N, Taulo F, Kabanda J, Oneko O, Ive P, Sambarey P, Chan ES, Hitti J, Hong F, McMahon D, Haas DW; A5207 ACTG Study Team. Clinical and genetic determinants of plasma nevirapine exposure following an intrapartum dose to prevent mother-to-child HIV transmission. Journal of Infectious Disease, 2013; 208; 662-671.
- Vardhanabhuti S, Li M. & Li H. A Hierarchical Bayesian Model for Estimating and Inferring Isoform Differential Expression for Multi-Sample RNA-Seq data. Statistics in Bioscience, 2012; 5; 119-137.
- Fung C, Vaughn DJ, Mitra N, Ciosek SL, Vardhanabhuti S, Nathanson KL, Kanetsky PA. Chemotherapy refractory testicular germ cell tumor is associated with a variant in Armadillo Repeat gene deleted in Velco-Cardio-Facial syndrome (ARVCF). Frontier Endocrinology, 2012; 3; 163.
- Bunin GR, Vardhanabhuti S, Lin A, Anschuetz GL, & Mitra N. Practical and analytical aspects of using friend controls in case control studies: experience from a case-control study of childhood cancer. Paediatric and Perinatal Epidemiology, 2011: 25: 402-412.
- Lombardi LR, Miano TA, Davis JL, Morgan SC, Goldstein SC, Vardhanabhuti S, Mitra N, Vozniak JM. A retrospective analysis of the effect of patient-specific factors on voriconazole concentrations in oncology patients. Journal of Oncology Pharmacy Practice, 2011; 18; 3-9.
- Kanetsky P, Mitra N, Vardhanabhuti S, Vaughn D, Li M, Ciosek S, Letrero R, D’Andrea K, Doody D, Weaver J, Albano A, Chen C, Starr J, Rader DJ, Godwin AK, Reilly M, Hakonarson H, Reilly M, Schwartz S, Nathanson K. A Second Independent Locus within DMRT1 is Associated with Testicular Germ Cell Tumor Susceptibility. Human Molecular Genetics, 2011; 20; 3109-3117.
- Reshef R, Luskin MR, Kamoun M, Vardhanabhuti S, Tomaszewski JE, Stadtmauer EA, Porter DL, Heitjan DF, Tsai DE. Association of HLA Polymorphisms with Post-Transplant Lymphoproliferative Disorder in Solid-Organ Transplant Recipients. American Journal of Transplantation, 2011; 11; 817-825.
- Reshef R, Vardhanabhuti S, Luskin MR, Heitjan DF, Porter DL, Stadtmauer EA, Tsai DE. Reduction of Immunosuppression as Initial Therapy for Post-Transplantation Lymphoproliferative Disorder. American Journal of Transplantation, 2011; 11; 336-347.
- Kanetsky P, Mitra N, Vardhanabhuti S, Li M, Vaughn D, Letrero R, Ciosek S, Doody D, Smith L, Weaver J, Albano A, Chen C, Starr J, Rader DJ, Godwin AK., Reilly M, Hakonarson H, Schwartz S, Nathanson K. Common variation in KITLG and at 5q31.3 proximate to SPRY4 predispose to testicular germ cell cancer. Nature Genetics, 2009; 41; 811-815.
- Vardhanabhuti S, Wang J, & Hannenhalli S. Position and Distance Specificity are Important Determinants of Cis-Regulatory Motifs in addition to Evolutionary Conservation. Nucleic Acid Research, 2007; 35; 3203-3213.
- Vardhanabhuti S, Blakemore S, Clark S, Ghosh S, Stephens R & Rajagopalan D. A Comparison of Statistical Tests for Detecting Differential Expression using Affymetrix Oligonucleotide Microarrays. OMICS: A Journal of Integrative Biology, 2006; 10; 555-566.