655 Huntington Avenue
Building 2, Room 345Boston, MA 02115
- PhD, Nutritional Epidemiology, Tufts University, Boston, MA
- MS, Human Nutrition, Iowa State University, Ames, IA
- Bhupathiraju SN, Wedick NM, Pan A, Manson JE, Rexrode KM, Willett WC, Rimm EB, Hu FB. Quantity and variety in fruit and vegetable intake and risk of coronary heart disease. Am J Clin Nutr. 2013 [PubMed].
- Bhupathiraju SN, Lichtenstein AH, Dawson-Hughes B, Hannan MT, Tucker KL. Adherence to the 2006 American Heart Association Diet and Lifestyle Recommendations for cardiovascular disease risk reduction is associated with bone health in older Puerto Ricans. Am J Clin Nutr. 2013 Nov, 98(5):1309-16 [PubMed].
- Mattei J, Bhupathiraju SN, Tucker KL. Higher adherence to a diet score based on American Heart Association recommendations is associated with lower odds of allostatic load and metabolic syndrome in older Puerto Rican adults. J Nutr. 2013 Nov;143(11):1753-9 [PubMed]
- Bhupathiraju SN, Pan A, Malik VS, Manson JE, Willett WC, van Dam RM, Hu FB. Caffeinated and caffeine-free beverages and risk of type 2 diabetes. Am J Clin Nutr. 2013 Jan;97(1):155-66 [PubMed]
- Ye X, Bhupathiraju SN, Tucker KL. Variety in fruit and vegetable intake and cognitive function in middle-aged and older Puerto Rican adults. Br J Nutr. 2012 May 1:1-8 [PubMed]
- Bhupathiraju SN, Dawson-Hughes B, Hannan MT, Lichtenstein AH, Tucker KL. Centrally located body fat is associated with lower bone mineral density in older Puerto Ricans. Am J Clin Nutr 2011 Oct;94(4):1063-70 [PubMed].
- Bhupathiraju SN, Tucker KL. Coronary heart disease prevention: Nutrients, foods, and dietary patterns. Clin Chim Acta. 2011 Aug 17;412(17-18):1493-514 [PubMed]
- Bhupathiraju SN, Lichtenstein AH, Dawson-Hughes B, Tucker KL. Adherence index based on the AHA 2006 diet and lifestyle recommendations is associated with select cardiovascular disease risk factors in older Puerto Ricans. J Nutr. 2011 Mar;141(3):460-9 [PubMed]
- Matvienko OA, Alekel DL, Bhupathiraju SN, Hofmann H, Ritland LM, Reddy MB, Van Loan MD, Perry CD. Androidal fat dominates in predicting cardiometabolic risk in postmenopausal women. Cardiol Res Pract. 2010 Dec 19;2011:904878 [PubMed]
- Bhupathiraju SN, Tucker KL. Greater variety in fruit and vegetable intake is associated with lower inflammation in Puerto Rican adults. Am J Clin Nutr. 2011 Jan;93(1):37-46 [PubMed]
- Gertz ER, Silverman NE, Wise KS, Hanson KB, Alekel DL, Stewart JW, Perry CD, Bhupathiraju SN, Kohut ML, Van Loan MD. Contribution of serum inflammatory markers to changes in bone mineral content and density in postmenopausal women: a 1-year investigation. J Clin Densitom. 2010 Jul-Sep;13(3):277-82 [PubMed]
- Perry CD, Alekel DL, Ritland LM, Bhupathiraju SN, Stewart JW, Hanson LN, Matvienko OA, Kohut ML, Reddy MB, Van Loan MD, Genschel U. Centrally located body fat is related to inflammatory markers in healthy postmenopausal women. Menopause. 2008 Jul-Aug;15(4 Pt 1):619-27 [PubMed]
- Bhupathiraju SN, Alekel DL, Stewart JW, Hanson LN, Shedd KM, Reddy MB, Hanson KB, Van Loan MD, Genschel U, Koehler KJ. Relationship of circulating total homocysteine and C-reactive protein to trabecular bone in postmenopausal women. J Clin Densitom. 2007 Oct-Dec;10(4):395-403 [PubMed]