Department of Social and Behavioral Sciences
Student Conference Travel Awards, 2014 – 2015
SBS encourages our students to present their research at professional meetings and conferences. In order to support this initiative, we have instituted student travel awards specifically to help offset the costs of travel to these conferences.
- Applicant must be enrolled in a degree program in the Department of Social and Behavioral Sciences
- Applicant must have a received a confirmation of acceptance for their presentation from the meeting organizers
- Applications should be submitted at least two months in advance of the conference/meeting
- SBS will make up to 10 awards per year and will generally reimburse between $200 to $500 of travel expenses for approved applications depending upon fund availability
- Students are eligible for these funds no more than once a year and preference for funding will go to students who have not received this funding in the past
- The presentation and the meeting/conference must be relevant to the applicant’s current studies/research
- Applicant’s mentor must support this application
To apply for these funds download the application form below and submit all application materials to Elizabeth Solomon.