HSPH Guide To Boston
Are you new to the Boston area? Want to find out what the city has to offer?
If you are wondering where to go shopping, out to eat, how to get your vehicle registered, how to purchase a mobile phone, or any number of important daily living questions, the Welcome to Boston Guide is an excellent resource! Please click on the specific links below:
Welcome to Boston Guide
- Auto Ownership
- MA Liquor ID
- Family and Childcare
- Harvard Medical Center Office of Work and Family
- Postal Services
- Religious Centers
Where to Eat, Shop and Places to See
- Leisure: Shopping and Restaurants
- Leisure: Museums, Theaters, Cinemas, Athletics
- Restaurant Recommendations
BOSTON BY Bike
The City of Boston offers tons of information on Bikes in Boston, everything from maps, safety tips and biker events.
Biking around Boston is the best and fastest way to explore the city. If you’re not ready to commit to buying a bike, Mybike offers monthly rentals starting at just $34/month. Please visit their website for more information: www.mybikeonline.com
Have a bike already? Register it with the Harvard Parking Office in order to receive access to the Longwood Medical Area bike cages. Register here.
Boston by Foot
If you’re not ready to launch into city biking, Boston also offers many opportunities to see it’s beauty by foot.
The Freedom Trail is a must for any visitor or resident. Download the map here or simply get off at Park Street MBTA T stop and follow the red line through the historical city center.
You may also wish to take a guided tour of the city. Boston by Foot is a great way to learn more about the history of Boston while you walk. Visit WalkBoston for more information about walking around the city.
Other Transportation in Boston
- Commuter Rail gives you access to Massachusetts only: www.mbta.com
- Trains give you access nationwide including several other New England and East Coast destinations: www.amtrak.com. Amtrak leaves from South Station
- Buses also give you access nationwide: www.peterpan.com, www.greyhound.com, www.fungwahbus.com,
- Rental Cars: www.hertz.com, www.enterprise.com, www.avis.com, www.zipcar.com