Office for Alumni Affairs and Career Advancement
The Office for Alumni Affairs and Career Advancement is strategically positioned within the Office of External Relations and the Office of Education in order to better complement the career and professional development program offerings for students and alumni. Utilizing a network of over 12,000 School alumni, the Office for Alumni Affairs and Career Advancement builds connections between students and alumni and provides the tools for developing professional networks and mentoring relationships that set the stage for the lifelong learning that students and alumni need to succeed at the highest level. Our comprehensive career development and job search resources enable you to design and implement a successful strategy to enable you achieve your professional goals, from your first day on campus and throughout your career as a public health professional.
The Alumni Affairs team develops and implements programs to build the alumni network, and serves as a catalyst for connecting students, alumni, faculty, and outside constituencies on local, regional, and international levels through the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health Alumni Association. In addition, the office works with regional chapters of the Association by supporting membership and chapter programming.
The Alumni Affairs team develops opportunities for alumni to provide practice placements and acts as a resource for possible career opportunities and alumni-student mentoring. The Office works with the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health Alumni Association and the Alumni Council, the association’s elected representative body, to organize educational and networking events around the globe. The Office provides an interactive online community to help facilitate connections between HSPH students, faculty and alumni and the highly valued ASK Mentor program, a network of alumni from across the spectrum of career fields and specialties that responds to answer career-related questions.
The Career Advancement team offers individual career counseling, job search resources, career fairs, recruiting events, networking opportunities, and career preparation programs that assist students and alumni with building challenging and rewarding careers. Among the web resources found at: www.hsph.harvard.edu/careers are:
- CareerConnect, our online job, internship, and fellowship posting and electronic resume/cv books website;
- an online career resource library with links to numerous public health job search websites;
- Crimson Compass, which provides networking access to alums from the various Harvard schools
- The Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health Alumni Directory that facilitates networking connections with the School alumni;
- CaseQuestions.com an interactive case interview preparation site;
- CareerShift, a comprehensive tool for networking and job search; and
- InterviewStream, an interactive interview practice resource.
- resume/cv and cover letter reviews, practice interviews, and a calendar of workshops, fairs and other career events.