Office for Alumni Affairs and Career Advancement
The Office for Alumni Affairs and Career Advancement is strategically positioned within the Office of External Relations and the Office of Education and provides comprehensive career and professional development offerings, job search resources, and career coaching designed to assist students and alumni in making professional connections and build effective career strategies.
The Alumni Affairs team develops and implements programs to build the alumni network, and serves as a catalyst for connecting students, alumni, faculty, and outside constituencies on local, regional, and international levels through the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health Alumni Association. In addition, the office works with regional chapters and affinity groups of the Alumni Association by supporting membership and chapter programming.
The Alumni Affairs team develops opportunities for alumni to provide career and professional development opportunities for students. The Alumni Affairs team acts as a resource for alumni-student mentoring. The Office works with the Alumni Association and the Alumni Council, the association’s elected representative body, to organize educational and networking events around the globe. The Office provides an interactive online community to help facilitate connections between School students, faculty and alumni and the highly valued ASK Mentor program, a network of alumni from across the spectrum of career fields and specialties that responds to answer career-related questions.
The Career Advancement team provides the tools and resources to help students pursue rewarding and fulfilling careers. This includes individual and group career coaching, job search resources, career fairs, recruiting events, employer information sessions, networking opportunities, and professional development programming. The office sends a weekly e-mail newsletter, which includes upcoming events as well as career advice and highlights recent internship, fellowship and job listings. Among the web resources found at: www.hsph.harvard.edu/careers are:
- CareerConnect, our online job, internship, and fellowship posting and electronic resume/cv books website;
- An online career resource library with links to numerous public health job search websites, office publications, sample resumes/cv’s, cover letters, and other career-related information;
- CaseQuestions.com, an interactive case interview preparation site;
- CareerShift, a comprehensive tool for networking and job search;
- InterviewStream, an interactive interview practice resource;
- Link to Crimson Compass, which provides networking access to alums from the various Harvard schools, and
- Link to Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health Alumni Directory that facilitates networking connections with the School alumni.