Year 4 Within Center and Cross Center TREC Funding – is now CLOSED.
Please watched for Year 5 funding opportunities and announcements!
KEEP Funds – Year 4
The Year 4 applications for KEEP Funds are now available! The missions of the TREC Knowledge and Education Expansion Project (KEEP) are to provide training opportunities and facilitate collaborations across geographically separate sites in transdisciplinary research. In support of these goals, the TREC Coordination Center (Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center) has established KEEP funds to be shared evenly among the four TREC sites.
Year 4 funds can be used to provide support for TREC Trainees to participate in training activities (see examples below) of their choice. All training experiences must be related to the Harvard TREC mission (see the TREC website for a description of Harvard TREC http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/trec/. A maximum of $800 per request will be available.
The KEEP funds give trainees educational opportunities such as:
- Visiting other TREC Research Centers to expand their knowledge base in transdisciplinary research.
- Attending scientific conferences.
- Receiving instruction on the use of one of the TREC datasets for purposes of expanding knowledge and possible collaborative research opportunities.
- Visiting non‐TREC institutions to gain specific research technique knowledge.
- Training experiences and commensurate travel must be completed by May 31, 2015.
- KEEP award recipients will be reimbursed for expenses after the training experience has occurred, up to the amount specified in the approved proposal (maximum $800 per request).
- Applications must be submitted to the TREC Project Coordinator at least ten weeks in advance of the training experience. For urgent consideration of an experience occurring in less than ten weeks, please contact the TREC Project Coordinator, Renee Miciek (email@example.com).
- Applicants must complete and sign the TREC Knowledge & Education Expansion Project (KEEP) Application.
- Applicants must submit the completed TREC Knowledge & Education Expansion Project (KEEP) Application to the Harvard TREC Project Coordinator – Renee Miciek, firstname.lastname@example.org for the Harvard TREC Principal Investigator’s approval and signature.
- After the Harvard TREC Principal Investigator has approved the application, the TREC Project Coordinator will forward the approved application to the TREC Coordination Center (CC) for final approval. The TREC Coordination Center reviews the submitted applications for relevance and benefit to TREC as well as specific scientific growth to the applicant. The CC reviews the candidate application and determines final approval. Generally, this occurs within one week of receipt at the CC. The next business day following the approval of the proposal, the Harvard TREC Center will notify the applicant via email regarding the status of the application (approved/not approved).
For more information, please reference the documents listed below.
Harvard TREC YR 4 KEEP RFA
TREC Educational Workshop Funds – Stay tuned for updated information!
TREC Educational Workshops funds must be used for the purpose of travel to, accommodations for, and attendance at TREC Educational Workshops.
Two missions of the TREC initiative are to provide training opportunities and to facilitate meaningful collaborations across geographically separate sites to promote transdisciplinary research among early career investigators* and others. In support of these missions, the TREC Coordination Center has established a $40,000 TREC Coordination Center (CC) May 2014 Media Communications Educational Workshop Training Fund that will provide financial support for eligible TREC investigators to attend the TREC Educational Workshops.
Awards to qualified applicants are on a first come first serve basis, until the available funds are awarded.
* Information regarding when the next TREC Educational Workshop will occur will be updated soon.
For more information, contact email@example.com