My main areas of interest are the following (relevant publications enumerated below):
- Comparative effectiveness of cancer-related interventions using claims databases. This work is conducted in collaboration with investigators from the Dana Farber Cancer Insititute in Boston. Funding: NIH P01-CA134294.
- Garcia-Albeniz X, Logan RW, Schrag D, Hernán MA. Evaluation of the duplication of staging CT scans for localized colon cancer in Medicare Population. Medical Care In press.
- Evaluation of dynamic strategies of treatment in prostate cancer. This work is conducted in collaboration with investigators from the University of California, San Francisco. Funding: NIH P01-CA134294 and CaPSURE Scholarship 2012-2013.
- Genetic epidemiology of colorectal cancer. This work is conducted in collaboration with the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center in Seattle and the Channing Laboratory (Brigham and Women’s Hospital) in Boston.
- Garcia-Albeniz, Nan H, Valeri L, Morikawa T, Kuchiba A, Phipps AI, Hutter CM, Peters U, Newcomb PA, Fuchs CS, Giovannucci EL, Ogino S, Chan AT. Phenotypic and tumor molecular characterization of colorectal cancer in relation to a susceptibility SMAD7 variant associated with survival. Carcinogenesis. 2013 Feb;34(2):292-8
- Design and analysis of clinical trials and translational research. I collaborate in the design and analysis of clinical trials of the GEMCAD group. I also collaborate with other research centers: Institute for Research in Biomedicine (Barcelona), Hospital Clinic (Barcelona), Hospital del Mar (Barcelona), Queen Mary University (London) and University of Munich.
- Urosevic J, Garcia-Albeniz X (co-first author), Planet E, Real S, Céspedes MV, Guiu M, Fernandez E, Bellmunt A, Gawrzak S, Pavlovic M, mangues R, Dolado I, Barriga FM, Nadal C, Kemeny N, Batlle E, Nebreda AR, Gomis RR. Colon cancer cells colonize the lung from established liver metastases through p38 MAPK signalling and PTHLH. Nature Cell Biology. 2014 Jul;16(7):685-94
- Garcia-Albeniz X, Gallego R, Hofheinz RD, Fernández-Esparrach G, Ayuso-Colella JR, Bombí JA, Conill C, Cuatrecasas M, Delgado S, Ginés A, Miquel R, Pagés M, Pineda E, Pereira V, Sosa A, Reig O, Victoria I, Feliz L, de Lacy AM, Castells A, Burkholder I, Hochhaus A, Maurel J. Long-term results of rectal cancer treated with chemo-radiation and laparoscopic mesorectal excision and no adjuvant therapy for complete responders. World Journal of Gastroenterology. In press.
- Garcia-Albeniz X, Pericay C, Alonso-Espinaco V, Alonso V, Escudero P, Fernández-Martos C, Gallego R, Gascón P, Castellví-Bel, Maurel J. Serum matrilysin correlates with poor survival independently of KRAS and BRAF status in refractory advanced colorectal cancer patients treated with irinotecan plus cetuximab. Tumour Biology. 2011 Apr;32(2);417-24