My group's major research interests lie in development and application of statistical and computational methods for anlaysis of high-dimensional genomic and 'omics data in population and clinical sciences, and for analysis of correlatd data, such as longitudinal, clustered and spatial data. We are interested in statistical genetics and genomics, genetic and epigenetic epidemiology, genes and environment and medical genomics. Current research projects include genome-wide association studies, next generation sequencing studies, gene-environment interactions, and genome-wide DNA methylation studies, pathway analysis and network analysis, proteomics. Our methodological work is currently supported by the MERIT award from the National Cancer Institute on ``Statistical Methods for Correlated and High-Dimensional Biomedical Data," and the PO1 from the National Cancer Institute on "Statistical Informatics in Cancer Reseaarch."
Summary of Research Interests
Statistical Areas of Interest
- High dimensional data
- Statistical genetics and genomics
- Pathway and network association analysis
- Machine Learning and Kernel Machines
- Correlated data (clustered/longitudinal and spatial data)
- Case-control and cohort data
- Nonparametric and semiparametric regression
- Estimating equations and mixed models
- Measurement error
- Causal inference
Subject Areas of Interest:
- Genetics, Genomics, Epigenetics, Proteomics
- Genes and Environment
- Lung cancer and lung diseases
- Cardivascular diseases and asthma
- Epidemiology, Environmental Health and Population Sciences
Active Statistical Grants
- Principal Investigator (2007-2015), R37(MERIT Award) NCI, Statistical Methods for Correlated and High-Dimensinoal Biomedical Data.
- Principal Investigator (2008-2013), PO1, NCI, Statistical Informatics in Cancer Research.
- Principal Investigator (2009-2014), T32, NIGMS, Joint Interdisciplinary Training in Biostatistics and Computational Biology.
- Principal Investigator (2001-2008)/co-PI(2008-2013), R13 NCI, Workshop for Junior Biostatisticians in Cancer Research.
- Principal Investigator (2006-2011), R13 NCI, Conferences on Emerging Statistical Issues in Biomedical Research.
Past Statistical Grants
- Principal Investigator (2002-2007), R01 NCI, Statistical Methods for Correlated Biomedical Data.
- Principal Investigator (1997-2002), R29 (FIRST Award), NCI, New Mixed Effects Models for Correlated Biomedical Data.
- Principal Investigator (1996-1998), Rackham Grant, University of Michigan, Logistic Additive Mixed Models for Longitudinal Data.
- Principal Investigator (1995-1996), OVPAMA Grant, University of Michigan, A New Statistical Model for Longitudinal Data.