1. Kabir Z, Perry IJ, Critchley J, O’Flaherty M, Capewell S, Bennett K. Modelling Coronary Heart Disease mortality declines in the Republic of Ireland, 1985-2006. Int J Cardiology 2013 (accepted)
2. Prasad DS, Kabir Z, Dash AK, Das BC. Effect of obesity on cardio-metabolic risk factors in Asian Indians. J Cardiovasc Dis Res 2012 (accepted).
3. Kabir Z, Daly S, Clarke V, Keogan S, Clancy L. Smoking ban and small-for-gestational age births in Ireland. PLoS ONE 2013 (in press).
4. Kabir Z, Keogan S, Clarke V, Clancy L. Second-hand smoke exposure levels and tobacco consumption patterns among a gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender community in Ireland. Pub Health 2013 (in press).
5. Sriharibabu M, Himabindu Y, Kabir Z. Rheumatic Heart Disease in rural South India: a clinico-observational study. J Cardiovasc Dis Res 2013 (in press).
6. Sriharibabu M, Himabindu Y, Kabir Z. Cardio-metabolic risk profile of rural South Indians undergoing coronary interventions. Heart Asia 2012; 4(1): 152-156.
7. Sriharibabu M, Himabindu Y, Kabir Z, Sivakumar T. Prevalence and associated risk factors of coronary artery disease in a rural South Indian population on a governmental health insurance scheme. J Ind Coll Cardiol 2012; 2(4): 150-155.
8. Kabir Z, Clancy L. Smoking ban and pregnancy complications – new evidence. J Women’s Health 2012; 21(6): 616-618.
9. Prasad DS, Kabir Z, Dash AK, Das BC. Prevalence and risk factors of Diabetes and Impaired Glucose Tolerance in Asian Indians: a community survey from an urban Eastern India. Diabetes Metab Syndr 2012; 6(2): 96-101.
10. Kumar G, Sharma I, Kabir Z. Non-cigarette smoking patterns, their health effects and policy options. Global Heart 2012; 7(2): 175-178.
11. Prasad DS, Kabir Z, Dash AK, Das BC. Prevalence and predictors of Metabolic Syndrome in an urban eastern Indian population. J Cardiovasc Dis Res 2012; 3(3): 204-211.
12. Prasad DS, Kabir Z, Dash AK, Das BC. Prevalence and predictors of adult hypertension in an urban eastern Indian population. Heart Asia 2012; 4: 49-52.
13. Behm I, Kabir Z, Connolly GN, Alpert HR. Increasing prevalence of smoke-free homes and decreasing rates of sudden infant death syndrome in the United States: an ecological association study. Tobacco Control 2012; 21(1): 6-11.
14. Prasad DS, Kabir Z, Dash AK, Das BC. Abdominal obesity, an independent cardiovascular risk factor in Indian subcontinent: a clinico-epidemiological evidence summary. J Cardiovasc Dis Res 2011; 2(4): 199-205.
15. Prasad DS, Kabir Z, Dash AK, Das BC. Childhood cardiovascular risk factors in South Asians: a cause of concern for adult cardiovascular disease epidemic. Ann Pediatr Cardiology 2011; 4(2): 166-71.
16. Kabir Z, Arora M, Alpert HR. Have public smoking bans resulted in an improvement in quality of life? Expert Rev Pharmacoeconomics Outcomes Res 2011; 11 (4): 375-377.
17. Kabir Z, Manning PJ, Holohan J, Goodman PG, Clancy L. Prevalence of symptoms of severe asthma and allergies in Irish school children: an ISAAC protocol study, 1995-2007. Int J Environ Res Pub Health 2011; 8 (8): 3192-3201.
18. Kabir Z, Connolly GN, Alpert HR. Secondhand smoke exposure in the home and neurobehavioral disorders among children in the United States. Pediatrics 2011; 128 (2): 263-270.
19. Alpert HR, Behm I, Connolly GN, Kabir Z. Smoke-free households with children and decreasing rates in paediatric clinical encounters for otitis media in the United States. Tobacco Control 2011; 20 (3): 207-211.
20. Kabir Z, Ward B, Clancy L. Attitudes, Training and Smoking profile of the European Respiratory Society (ERS) Members. Eur Resp J 2011; 38 (1): 225-227.
21. Kabir Z, Clancy L. Second-hand tobacco smoke and allergens- double jeopardy for childhood asthma exacerbations. Respiration 2011; 81(3): 177-178.
22. Prasad DS, Kabir Z, Dash AK, Das BC. Coronary risk factors in South Asians: a prevalence study in an urban populace of Eastern India. CVD Prevention & Control 2010; 5(4): 125-132.
23. Prasad DS, Kabir Z, Dash AK, Das BC. Cardiovascular risk factors in developing countries: a review on clinico-epidemiological evidence. CVD Prevention & Control 2010; 5(4):115-123.
24. Siddiqui U, O’Toole M, Kabir Z, Qureshi S, Gibbons N, Kane M, Keane J. Smoking prolongs the infectivity of patients with Tuberculosis. Irish Med Journal 2010; 103 (9): 278-280.
25. Kabir Z, Alpert HR, Goodman PG, Haw S, Behm I, Connolly GN, Gupta PC, Clancy L. Effect of smoke-free home and workplace policies on second-hand smoke exposure levels in children: an evidence summary. Pediatric Health 2010; 4(4): 391-403.
26. Kabir Z, Keogan S, Clarke V, Currie L, Clancy L. Smoking profile among the Gay and Lesbian community in Ireland. Irish J Med Science 2010; 179(3): 423-426.
27. Kabir Z, Connolly GN, Koh HK, Clancy L. Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease hospitalization rates in Massachusetts: a trend analysis. QJM: An International J of Medicine 2010; 103(3):163-168.
28. Kabir Z, Manning PJ, Holohan J, Goodman PG, Clancy L. Active smoking and second-hand smoke exposure at home among Irish children, 1995-2007. Archives of Disease in Childhood 2010; 95(1): 42-45.
29. Currie LM, Keogan S, Campbell P, Gunning M, Kabir, Z, Clancy L. An evaluation of the range and availability of intensive smoking cessation services in Ireland. Irish J Med Science 2010; 179(1): 77-83.
30. Prasad DS, Kabir Z, Das BC. Smoking and Cardiovascular health: a review on the epidemiology, pathogenesis, prevention and control of tobacco-related diseases. Indian J Med Sciences 2009; 63(11): 520-533.
31. Goodman PG, Haw S, Kabir Z, Clancy L. Are there health benefits associated with comprehensive smoke-free laws: a review. Int J Pub Health 2009;54 (6): 367-378. .
32. Kabir Z, Clarke V, Conroy R, McNamee E, Daly S, Clancy L. Low birthweight and pre-term birth rates one year before and after the Irish workplace smoking ban. British J Obstetrics & Gynaecology 2009; 116 (13): 1782-7.
33. Van Hemelrijck MJ, Michaud DS, Connolly GN, Kabir Z. Tobacco use and baldder cancer pattern in three Western European countries. Journal of Public Health (Oxf) 2009; 31(3): 335-344.
34. Kabir Z, Manning PJ, Holohan J, Keogan S, Goodman PG, Clancy L. Second Hand Smoke exposure in cars and respiratory health effects in children. Eur Respir J 2009; 34(3): 629-33.
35. Van Hemelrijck MJ, Michaud DS, Connolly GN, Kabir Z. Secondhand smoking, 4-aminobiphenyl, and bladder cancer: two meta-analyses. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 2009;18 (4):1312-20.
36. Van Hemelrijck MJ, Kabir Z, Connolly GN. Trends in lung cancer death rates in Belgium and The Netherlands: a systematic analysis of temporal patterns. J Community Health 2009; 34(3):188-94.
37. Kabir Z, Connolly GN, Clancy L, Cohen BC, Koh HK. Declining maternal smoking prevalence did not change low birthweight prevalence in Massachusetts from 1989 to 2004. European J Public Health 2009; 19(1):65-8.
38. Bennett K, Kabir Z, Barry M, Tilson L, Fidan D, Shelley E, Capewell S. Cost-effectiveness of treatments reducing coronary heart disease mortality in Ireland, 2000 to 2010. Value in Health 2009; 12(1): 10-15.
39. Kabir Z, Clarke V, Keogan S, Currie LM, Zatonski W, Clancy L. Smoking characteristics of Polish immigrants in Dublin. BMC Public Health 2008; 8: 428.
40. Leistikow BN, Kabir Z, Connolly GN, Clancy L, Alpert HR. Male tobacco smoke load and non-lung cancer mortality associations in Massachusetts. BMC Cancer 2008; 8:341.
41. Kabir Z, Connolly GN, Clancy L, Koh HK, Capewell S. Reduced coronary heart disease deaths attributable to decreased smoking prevalence in Massachusetts, 1993-2003. American J Public Health 2008; 98(8):1468-1469.
42. Kabir Z, Connolly GN, Clancy L. Sex-differences in lung cancer cell-types? An epidemiologic study in Ireland. Ulster Medical Journal 2008; 77(1): 31-35.
43. Kabir Z. Decrease in U.S. deaths from coronary disease (Letter). New England Journal of Medicine 2007; 357 (9): 941; author reply 941.
44. Kabir Z, Clancy L, Connolly GN. Tobacco control efforts: where is India now? (Letter) Lancet 2007; 370 (9582):134.
45. Kabir Z, Connolly GN, Clancy L, Jemal A, Koh HK. Reduced lung cancer deaths attributable to decreased tobacco use in Massachusetts. Cancer Causes & Control 2007; 18(8): 833-838.
46. Kabir Z, Connolly GN, Clancy L. Temporal patterns in lung cancer death rates in Ireland. Irish Journal of Medical Science 2007; 176(2):81-85.
47. Kabir Z, Connolly GN, Clancy L. Recent lung cancer patterns in younger age-cohorts in Ireland. Ulster Medical Journal 2007; 76 (2):83-87.
48. Kabir Z. Selection bias, confounding, or information bias? (Letter) Hypertension 2007; 50 (1):e9.
49. Kabir Z, Feely J, Bennett K. Primary care prescribing patterns in Ireland after the publication of large hypertension trials. British J Clin Pharmacology 2007; 64(3):381-385.
50. Kabir Z, Bennett K, Shelley E, Unal B, Critchley JA, Capewell S. Comparing primary prevention with secondary prevention to explain decreasing coronary heart disease death rates in Ireland, 1985-2000. BMC Public Health 2007; 7(1):117.
51. Kabir Z, Bennett K, Critchley JA, Capewell S. Can small changes in cardiovascular risk factors predict large future reductions in coronary heart disease mortality in Ireland? European J Epidemiology 2007; 22(2):83-89.
52. Kabir Z, Bennett K, Clancy L. Lung cancer and urban air-pollution in Dublin: a temporal association? Irish Medical Journal 2007; 100(2):367-369.
53. Kabir Z, Bennett K, Shelley E, Unal B, Critchley J, Feely J, Capewell S. Life-years-gained from population risk factor changes and modern cardiology treatments in Ireland. European J Public Health 2007; 17 (2):193-198.
54. Ali S, Kabir Z. Domiciliary non-invasive ventilation and the quality of life outcome of patients suffering from chronic respiratory failure. Irish Medical Journal 2007; 100(1):336-338.
55. Kabir Z, Bennett K, Shelley E, Unal B, Critchley J, Feely J, Capewell S. The population mortality benefits of maximising the number of eligible patients receiving appropriate cardiology treatments in Ireland. QJM 2006; 99(8):523-530.
56. Kabir Z, Clancy L. Lifestyle-related cancer death rates in Ireland: decreasing or increasing? Irish Medical Journal 2006; 99 (2):40-42.
57. Bennett K, Kabir Z, Unal B, Shelley E, Critchley J, Perry I, Feely J, Capewell S. Explaining the recent decrease in coronary heart disease mortality rates in Ireland, 1985-2000. J Epidemiology & Community Health 2006; 60(4):322-327.
58. Kabir Z, Aaby P. Non-specific effect of measles vaccination on all-cause child mortality: revisited. Indian Pediatrics 2005; 42(6):541-544.
59. Kabir Z. Adult chronic disease and childhood obesity: a life course approach in developing countries? International Journal of Epidemiology 2005; 34(2):481-482.
60. Kabir Z, Clancy L. Preventive oncology (letter). Lancet 2004; 363(9422):1737.
61. Kabir Z, Clancy L. Mesothelioma trends in the Republic of Ireland: an epidemiologic study in the context of the causal pathway. Irish Medical Journal 2003; 96(10):299-302.
62. Kabir Z. Disease-specific morbidity data at hospital-level: do they really matter? Irish Medical Journal 2003; 96(8):246.
63. Kabir Z, Clancy L. Global trends in adenocarcinomas and obesity: an epidemiologic link? International Journal of Epidemiology 2003; 32(4):661-662.
64. Kabir Z. Differential association of body mass index and fat distribution with three major histologic types of lung cancer: evidence from a cohort of older women. American Journal of Epidemiology 2003; 158 (3):288; author reply 289.
65. Kabir Z. Demographic and socio-economic determinants of post-neonatal deaths in a special project area of rural northern India. Indian Pediatrics 2003; 40 (7):653-659.
66. Kabir Z. Child labour and urban slum experience. Indian J Pediatrics 2003;70 (5):447.
67. Kabir Z, Long J, Reddaiah VP, Kevany J, Kapoor SK. Non-specific effect of measles vaccination on overall child mortality in an area of rural India with high vaccination coverage: a population-based case-control study. Bulletin of the WHO 2003; 81 (4):244-250.
68. Kabir Z. Is all-cause mortality a useful epidemiological endpoint in vaccine trials? An example of BCG. International Journal of Epidemiology 2003; 32(1):161-162.
69. Kabir Z. ERA in International Health: an experiment worthwhile? (Letter) Lancet 2003; 361(9356):534.
70. Kabir Z. Low birth weight and maturity: a future marriage of convenience? Indian Pediatrics 2002; 39(11):1063-4; author reply 1064-1067.
71. Kabir Z. Low birthweight: revisited. Int J Epidemiology 2002; 31 (5):1075.
72. Kabir Z, Long J. Child mortality rates in rural India: an experience from the Ballabgarh project. Journal of Tropical Pediatrics 2002; 48 (3):178-180.