Transcripts/Marks Sheets

Applicants are required to enter all coursework from US institutions attended in the Coursework section of the SOPHAS application and submit official transcripts and degree conferrals for all institutions attended.  If you do not wish to enter courses and grades, SOPHAS offers a fee-based service to do it for you.

All Transcripts with Degrees:

As a matter of policy, students may enroll in only one degree program at a time except for the following approved programs: MD/MPH, JD/MPH, and SM/MSN.  Students scheduled to begin a degree program at the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health in 2015 must show proof of degree conferral for all prior degrees.  If an incoming student has not completed the degree(s) and has not submitted the degree conferral documentation to the Office of Admissions by June 1, 2015, the student will need to request a deferral to begin studies at the Harvard Chan School in 2016.  In the case of extenuating circumstances, students should contact the Office of Admissions by email at, without delay.

Transcripts from the United States and/or Canadian English-language institutions:

Applicants should complete the Official Transcript Request Form found within the SOPHAS application and send it to all domestic post-secondary colleges and universities attended. All official transcripts and their respective request forms must then be sent directly from the school’s registrar to SOPHAS. We require an additional copy of transcripts and degree conferral documentation for admitted students and therefore recommend you request two of each transcript and degree conferral and keep the second set unopened. SOPHAS will not forward original transcripts/documents to the Harvard Chan School.

All degree conferral documents must contain the student’s first name and last name as well as the degree awarded and the date the degree was conferred.

If you are currently in a degree program, you must submit a current official transcript. If you are accepted for admission, a final official transcript and degree conferral document showing final course grades, the degree awarded, and the date of degree conferral must be submitted prior to enrolling.

International Transcripts/Marks Sheets/Degree Conferrals:

Applicants who have degree coursework from institutions outside of the United States of America and/or English-language institutions in Canada must submit a credential evaluation from World Education Services Opens in a new window (WES). We require the iCAP WES package that evaluates your transcripts course by course. Evaluations from WES will allow our reviewers to better understand the educational system in which you studied, which may be beneficial for your application review. If you are currently in a degree program, an updated, final WES evaluation will be required prior to matriculation at the Harvard Chan School.

For any non-degree coursework from institutions outside of the United States and/or English-language institutions in Canada, please instruct the institutions to send official documentation to our office at:

Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health Admissions Office

158 Longwood Avenue

Boston, MA 02115-5810