Advance your career and gain powerful new epidemiological tools to use in research and policy making without leaving your current job or home.
UPDATE FOR APPLICANTS APPLYING BY DECEMBER 1ST, 2021:
Due to COVID-related accessibility issues, the MPH program will not be considering GRE/MCAT/GMAT/LSAT/DAT scores during this year’s admissions cycle (this year only). We recommend highlighting quantitative abilities in other parts of the application. We do, however, still require submission of either the TOEFL or IELTS, if applicable.
Interested in applying for the MPH in Epidemiology program? Join us at one of our virtual MPH-EPI prospective student events in the fall.
Launched in 2015, the Master of Public Health in Epidemiology (MPH-EPI) will prepare you for new levels of leadership in your career while fitting around your busy schedule. In the MPH-EPI program, you will study with one of the world’s most accomplished epidemiology faculties.
By providing a combination of online, in-person, and in-the-field learning, this rigorous hybrid part-time, two-year degree program will provide you with the advanced research and epidemiological skills you need to pursue senior positions in academia, hospitals, public health agencies, nongovernmental organizations, and the private sector.
The Format: Maximum Flexibility, Indelible Experience
The MPH in Epidemiology’s unique part-time format—a blend of on-campus, online, and field learning—combines the best of what the Harvard Chan School has to offer and is designed to fit the lives of busy professionals.
- On Campus — The program includes two intensive on campus sessions in June 2022 and June 2023.
- Online — Students will participate in online courses from July-May. Courses are designed as mostly asynchronous with interactive exercises and modular video sessions. Online courses will have weekly or bi weekly assignment/project deadlines and optional synchrony sessions with faculty or TA’s.
- In the Field — Mentored by Harvard faculty, you will complete a self-designed, year-long practicum culminating in an integrative learning project and presentation.
Who Should Apply?
The MPH in epidemiology is designed for individuals seeking specialization in advanced quantitative methods of epidemiology and its applications for clinical and population health research, policy, and programs. The degree also provides a public health framework for epidemiologists.
Eligible applicants for the MPH in epidemiology should meet one of the following criteria:
- Hold a doctoral degree in a health profession or academic area related to public health.(International medical degrees also qualify as a doctoral degree.)
- Hold a professional master’s degree in a health-related field with at least three years of health-related work experience following completion of the degree.
- Hold a bachelor’s degree with at least 5 years of post-baccalaureate experience in a relevant health-related field.
Current medical and dental students are not eligible for the MPH in epidemiology program.
Our Community: Committed, Accomplished, Collaborative
The MPH in epidemiology program attracts uniquely accomplished students who are committed to using epidemiological tools to address issues ranging from patient care to occupational health and safety to public policy. In addition to learning from your classmates in both face-to-face and online forums, you will receive personal mentoring and guidance from the Harvard Chan School’s world-renowned faculty. As a Harvard Chan School graduate, you will also benefit from the global network you will gain as a member of the Harvard Alumni Association.
For more information about the program, please contact email@example.com.