Advance your career and gain powerful new epidemiological tools to use in research and policy making without leaving your current job or home.
Launched in June of 2015, the master of public health in epidemiology will prepare you for new levels of leadership in your career while fitting around your busy schedule. As an MPH in epidemiology student, you will study with one of the world’s most accomplished epidemiology faculties. The Harvard Chan School Department of Epidemiology was rated the most prolific research department in the world by the National Research Council in its most recent assessment of the field and 18 of the most highly cited researchers listed by Thompson Reuters in 2014 are members of the Harvard Chan School’s faculty.
By combining the best of online, in-person, and in-the-field learning, this rigorous part-time, two-year degree program will provide you with the advanced research and epidemiological skills you need to pursue senior positions in academia, hospitals, public health agencies, nongovernmental organizations, and the private sector.
The Format: Maximum Flexibility, Indelible Experience
The MPH in Epidemiology’s unique part-time format—a blend of on-campus, online, and field learning—combines the best of what the Harvard Chan School has to offer and is designed to fit the lives of busy professionals.
- On Campus — The program includes three intensive on campus sessions one each at the beginning, middle, and end of the program.
- Online — You will earn roughly a third of your credits via interactive exercises, modular video sessions, and case-based studies, all conducted online.
- In the Field — Mentored by Harvard faculty, you will complete a self-designed, year-long practicum culminating in a capstone project and presentation.
Who Should Apply?
The MPH in epidemiology is designed for individuals seeking specialization in advanced quantitative methods of epidemiology and its applications for clinical and population health research, policy, and programs. The degree also provides a public health framework for epidemiologists.
Eligible applicants for the MPH in epidemiology should meet one of the following criteria:
- Hold a doctoral degree in a health profession or academic area related to public health.
- Hold a professional master’s degree in a health-related field with at least three years of health-related work experience following completion of the degree.
- Hold a bachelor’s degree with at least 5 years of experience in a relevant health-related field.
Current medical and dental students are not eligible for the MPH in epidemiology program.
Our Community: Committed, Accomplished, Collaborative
The MPH in epidemiology program attracts uniquely accomplished students who are committed to using epidemiological tools to address issues ranging from patient care to occupational health and safety to public policy. In addition to learning from your classmates in both face-to-face and online forums, you will receive personal mentoring and guidance from the Harvard Chan School’s world-renowned faculty and benefit from the global network you will gain as a member of the Harvard University alumni community.
For more information about the program, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.