For information on tuition and fees, refunds and other billing policies, please visit the Student Billing web page.

Student Housing Options for On Campus Sessions

The MPH-EPI program provides housing options for students during the two on campus sessions in June. The housing options provided to students are typically dormitory style options at a near-by institution (about a 5 minutes walk from the Harvard Chan School campus). Information regarding housing is sent to students at the end of March.

The program also usually also provides a discount rate at a nearby hotel for the May Symposium and Commencement.

Please note: The program does not offer housing options that are available for families. We recommend that students look into other options if they are traveling to Boston with families or spouses. Please also visit the school’s housing website for more information.

Financial Support

The MPH in Epidemiology program has limited grant funding for students who apply for financial assistance.  The MPH in Epidemiology program decides and awards the funding; as such, students in this program are not eligible for other School or University funding at the same levels at which support is provided to other master’s degree students. Awards are based on a formula that includes both merit and need. The deadline to apply for financial aid is January 8th. 

Since the program is less than half-time, students in this program are not eligible for U.S. federal student loans, making private loans the only current option. Please review the Office of Financial Aid Website for information on available lenders for less than half-time programs.

Please note: Travel expenses for the onsite sessions cannot be included when borrowing loans.

Third Party Contracts (Formerly Sponsored Billing)

Students whose educational expenses will be paid by a third party (defined as outside organizations, Harvard affiliated hospitals, institutions, employers, etc; not internal Harvard departments using a 33-digit code) must submit the the Third Party Contract Online Form.

The Third Party Contract is to be completed by the organization/institution (third party contact/s) providing financial support to the student who will be attending the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health during the academic year. The institution will then be billed directly by Harvard University for the expenses incurred. Any third party contract submitted directly from the student will not be accepted.

For more information on third party contracts, please visit the Office of Financial Aid website.

VISA Processing

Please note: All international students are required to have a visa to attend the three-week, on-campus sessions. This includes students from Canada.

Once admitted into the program, students will be sent information electronically regarding the required level of support for Visa Certification.

VISA processing and requirements are done through the Admissions Office. For any confirmed students receiving financial aid (grants and/or loans), an award letter will be sent to the Admissions Office to be used as part of the financial certification for your visa application.