We have an active Cancer Epi student group called The Harvard Chan Student Group on Cancer: Learn, Interact, Translate (CAN-LIT) which leads journal clubs and student-focused social events. Please contact Dave Cote, Joy Shi, and Kristen Brantley for more information.
We host a wide variety of academic, research, career development, and social events through the Cancer Epidemiology and Cancer Prevention Program.
- SM2 Group mentoring: An opportunity for students to meet together with faculty and program staff to discuss career planning, coursework, and funding opportunities.
- T32 seminar series: Monthly lecture series to hear from recipients of the T32 training grant about their research
- Hot Topics in Cancer Epi (collaboration with DF/HCC): Forum to discuss high-impact and controversial research papers in the field. Led by masters and doctoral students in concert with faculty members.
- Brief Updates in Cancer Epi (collaboration w/DF/HCC): Forum to discuss high-impact and controversial research papers in the field. Led by masters and doctoral students in concert with faculty members.
- Celebration of Early Career Investigators (in collaboration w/DF/HCC): Half-day symposium to showcase the young talent at the Dana-Farber/Harvard Cancer Center (DF/HCC) who are producing key research in several areas of population science, including epidemiology, biostatistics, outcomes, diversity and survivorship.
- Postdoc peer mentoring program (proposed): Career mentoring in collaboration with the Post Doctoral Association at HSPH
- Loan repayment info session: Forum to discuss the NIH Loan Repayment Program, application best practices, and hear from previous recipients about their experiences.
- F30/F31/F32 info session: Forum to discuss the F30/F31/F32 grant mechanisms