Applicants who are not submitting a concurrent degree application must follow the Non-Degree Application Instructions below.
Non-Degree Application Requirements
- SOPHAS Express Application
- SOPHAS Express Application Materials
- Curriculum Vitae
- Personal Statement
- Three Letters of Recommendation
- SOPHAS Express $50 Non-Refundable Application Fee
- PCE Application Supplement Form
Non-Degree Application Instructions
1. SOPHAS Express Application, Materials & Fee - Complete the Non-Degree application at Summer @ HSPH (From the Summer @ HSPH website, select Summer for Non-Degree Students then select Apply Now.) The SOPHAS Express application is a general application used by multiple HSPH programs with different application requirements so please carefully follow the PCE instructions below.
- Applicant Information – Complete all required sections (marked with asterisks).
- Academic History – Complete all required sections (marked with asterisks).
- Supporting Information – Complete the following required sections. (These sections are NOT marked with asterisks but MUST be completed.)
- Evaluations – Create three evaluation requests. SOPHAS Express will contact these individuals (via e-mail) to request recommendations. Recommendations should detail your clinical ability and/or research potential. One of these recommendations should be from a division/department head verifying your affiliation during the PCE.
- Additional Documents – Upload the following documents:
- Personal Statement – This one page document should address the reasons you wish to attend this program, your professional goals and why you feel that this program will be beneficial to you.
- Curriculum Vitae
- Designation – Make the following selections:
- School – Harvard School of Public Health
- Program Level – Non-Degree
- Program in Clinical Effectiveness
- Make Payment – Submit the non-refundable $50 application fee via credit card.
Applications will not be reviewed by the PCE Admissions Committee until all components are received. Late applications or applications that have late components will be reviewed only if space is still available. Please note the PCE often fills to capacity by February 1.