- This event has passed.
Open Enrollment Workshop (Students): Introduction to Unconscious Bias
February 15 @ 9:00 am - 11:00 am
Register for this workshop
All of us have unconscious biases that may prevent us from making equitable, inclusive decisions. In this workshop, you will explore what unconscious bias is and how it manifests in the workplace.
You will leave this session with an understanding of:
- the different types of bias and where they originate from how biases can influence workplace decisions and interactions;
- how to recognize bias within yourself and others; and
- strategies for mitigating bias and making more informed decisions
About Harvard IDEAS
Harvard IDEAS is a cultural competency program that prepares individuals to not only work in an inclusive environment, but also actively contribute to it.
- Learn how to assess their own identity, values, beliefs, and biases and how they influence perceptions of and interactions with others;
- Understand how privilege and bias impact policies, procedures, and practices;
- Learn knowledge, competencies, and skills to enhance inclusion and belonging at Harvard; and
- Be able to identify the following topics and form action plans around addressing them: diversity, inclusion, allyship, implicit bias, microaggressions, and systematic barriers.