The Lunch ‘n’ Learn Program consists of a group of staff of color and allies committed to the School’s goals of developing an open and inclusive environment. The primary goals of this group are to develop community; promote creativity, innovation, and learning; and foster personal and professional growth.
This year’s theme is Empowerment and we will be discussing the book So You Want to Talk About Race by Ijeoma Oluo throughout the year.
Academic Year 2020-2021 Program
All sessions 1-2pm. Registration for each session is requested but not required.
- September 22: Plan for the year, introduction to the book, and a discussion on race and racism. Featured speaker: Lilu Barbosa, Chief Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging Officer.
- October 21: Police Brutality/School to Prison Pipeline (Ch. 6 & 8) Guest Speaker: Christine Mitchell, Harvard Chan Alum and Research Associate at Human Impact Partners.
Registration requested but not required by October 20.
- November 17: Developing Boundaries & Productive Working Relationships (Ch. 11)
- December 9: End of the year reflection
- January 19: Goal Setting
- February 24: Microaggressions & Supporting Coworkers (Ch. 12)
- March 16: Intersectionality & Leadership (Ch. 5)
- April 28: Negotiation/Self-Advocating
- May 18: Interviewing/End of the year wrap up
Emry Breedlove, Department of Social and Behavioral Sciences
Stanley Estime, Office of Regulatory Affairs and Research Compliance
Kamaria Hayden, Department of Biostatistics
Courtney Howard, Office for External Relations
Osa Igiede, Office for External Relations
Kathy Jean-Louis, Department of Immunology and Infectious Diseases
Senait Mulu, Office of Financial Aid
Office of Diversity and Inclusion Staff
Amarildo “Lilu” Barbosa, Chief Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging Officer
Betty Johnson, Assistant Dean for Faculty and Staff Diversity, Development, and Leadership
Ra’Shaun Nalls, Director of Community Engagement
Manny Lim, Executive Assistant
Questions about the series? Please contact Cristin Martineau, Strategic Events Manager, Office of the Dean, and Coordinator of the Lunch ‘n’ Learn Series.