My research primarily focuses on nutrition and lifestyle risk factors of cardiovascular disease and type 2 diabetes, as well as using ‘omics’ tools to understand pathological mechanisms of cardiometabolic disease.
|2016||Sc.D., Nutrition and Epidemiology||Harvard T. H. Chan School of Public Health, Boston, MA|
|2007||M.Sc., Nutrition||National Institute for Nutrition and Food Safety, Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention, Beijing, China|
|2004||M.D.||Anhui Medical University, Hefei, China|
Dietary Fat, Plasma Lipidomics and Cardiovascular Health
- Wang DD, Li Y, Chiuve SE, Stampfer MJ, Manson JE, Rimm EB, Willett WC, Hu FB. Association of Specific dietary fats with total and cause-specific mortality. JAMA Internal Medicine. 2016; 176(8), 1134-1145.
- Wang DD, Toledo E, Hruby A, Rosner BA, Willett WC, Razquin C, Zheng Y, Ruiz-Canela M, Guasch-Ferré M, Corella D, Gómez-Gracia E, Fiol M, Estruch R, Ros E, Lapetra J, Fitó M, Aros F, Serra-Majem L, Lee CH, Clish CB, Liang L, Salas-Salvadó J, Martínez-González MA., Hu FB. Plasma Ceramides, Mediterranean Diet, and Incident Cardiovascular Disease in the PREDIMED Trial. Circulation. 2017; Published online ahead of print.
- Li Y, Hruby A, Bernstein AM, Ley SH, Wang DD, Chiuve SE, Sampson L, Rexrode KM, Rimm EB, Willett WC, Hu FB. Saturated Fats Compared With Unsaturated Fats and Sources of Carbohydrates in Relation to Risk of Coronary Heart Disease: A Prospective Cohort Study. Journal of the American College of Cardiology. 2015; 66(14):1538-48.
Dietary Quality Trend and Disease Burden
- Wang DD, Leung CW, Li Y, Ding EL, Chiuve SE, Hu FB, Willett WC. Trends in dietary quality among adults in the United States, 1999 through 2010. JAMA Internal Medicine. 2014; 174(10):1587-95.
- Wang DD, Li Y, Chiuve SE, Hu FB, Willett WC. Improvements In US Diet Helped Reduce Disease Burden And Lower Premature Deaths, 1999-2012; Overall Diet Remains Poor. Health affairs (Project Hope). 2015; 34(11):1916-22.
- Li Y, Wang DD, Ley SH, Howard AG, He Y, Lu Y, Danaei G, Hu FB. Potential Impact of Time Trend of Life-Style Factors on Cardiovascular Disease Burden in China. Journal of the American College of Cardiology. 2016 Aug 23;68(8):818-33.
- Wang D, He Y, Li Y, Luan D, Yang X, Zhai F, Ma G. Dietary patterns and hypertension among Chinese adults: a nationally representative cross-sectional study. BMC Public Health. 2011; 11:925
- Wang D, Li Y, Lee SG, Wang L, Fan J, Zhang G, Wu J, Ji Y, Li S. Ethnic differences in body composition and obesity related risk factors: study in Chinese and white males living in China. PloS one. 2011; 6(5):e19835.
- Alzahrani HA, Wang D, Bakhotmah BA, Hu FB. Risk factors for peripheral artery disease among patients with diabetes in Saudi Arabia. Vascular medicine (London, England). 2014; 19(2):103-111.
- Hu PJ, Ley SH, Bhupathiraju SN, Li Y, Wang DD. Associations of dietary, lifestyle, and sociodemographic factors with iron status in Chinese adults: a cross-sectional study in the China Health and Nutrition Survey. American Journal of Clinical Nutrition. 2016; First published online December 28, 2016.