The Mental Health Care Peer Collaborative is the third program in the Mental Health Care Leadership Certificate series. The Mental Health Care Peer Collaborative is available to participants who have completed Foundations of Mental Health Care and Scaling Up Mental Health Care Services. This third course, Mental Health Care Peer Learning Collaborative is a monthly session with the Program Directors and your peers, completing a yearlong program. Join your cohort and learn from the group’s real-world challenges as topics for in-depth problem solving. Throughout the program, participants will find innovative solutions to their problems in monthly sessions and an online discussion board.
Learn From the Experts
Foundations of Mental Health Care will be led by renowned faculty who have held both public health research and real-world leadership roles. Core instructors include Shekhar Saxena, former Director of the Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse at the World Health Organization, Vikram Patel, co-leader of GlobalMentalHealth@Harvard, and Giuseppe Raviola, Director of Mental Health for Partners In Health (PIH), and the Director of the Program in Global Mental Health and Social Change (PGMHSC) at Harvard Medical School.
Objectives & Highlights
Course Learning Objectives
By completing this synchronous, virtual program, you will learn:
- The latest developments in evidence-based programs across the world
- The applicability of innovations in the participants’ setting
- The key points taken from the successes and failures of peers and program faculty
- Enjoy highly dynamic and interactive sessions in a personal environment led by expert faculty
- Foster personal and organizational growth through small group discussions with like-minded peers
- Become aware of the latest developments in evidence-based programs across the world
- Advance your executive and leadership skills in strengthening mental health care services
Credits and Logistics
Continuing Education Credit
Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health will grant Continuing Education Units (CEUs) for this program. Specific credit counts will be published when available; please check back for updated information.
All credits subject to final agenda.
All participants will receive a Certificate of Specialization upon completion of the program.
Who Should Participate
This program is designed for practitioners, policy advisors, health administrators, service planners, business leaders, and civil society organization executives with a responsibility for mental health.
Participants may hold titles such as:
- Director of mental health
- Administrator of mental health
- Mental health consultant
- Commissioner of mental health
- Chief mental health officer
- Human resources director