- This event has passed.
Inaugural Panel: Launch of CrisisReady
February 26 @ 11:00 am - 12:30 pm
The Inaugural panel of CrisisReady will address key methodological, regulatory, and translational challenges in applying big data to solving public health crises.
CrisisReady is organized around the principles of Data Readiness, Methods Readiness, and Translational Readiness, and seeks to advance data-driven decision-making during public health emergencies.
CrisisReady evolved from the Covid-19 Mobility Data Network, a research network of 100+ scientists from around the world who volunteered their time to serve as trusted intermediaries between technology companies and city and state governments around the world, in 2020. Please find the first annual report summarizing CMDN’s work in 2020 here.
The Inaugural Panel will address key methodological, regulatory, and translational challenges in applying big data to solving public health crises.
Our panelists include:
- Bernardo Mariano Jr., Chief Information Officer and Director Digital Health and Innovation, World Health Organization (WHO)
- Leremy Colf, Director of Disaster Science, US Dept of Health and Human Services (HHS)
- Alexander Diaz, Head of Crisis Response and Humanitarian Aid at Google.org
- Holly Krambeck, Program Manager, World Bank, Development Data Partnership (datapartnership.org)
- Nicholas K.W. Jones, Data Scientist, World Bank, Global Facility for Disaster Reduction and Recovery (GFDRR)