- This event has passed.
Seminar Series: COVID-19 and the Law: The Health Care System in the Age of COVID-19
March 16 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Seminar Series Description
Join us on March 16 for the final installment of the COVID-19 and the Law: Disruption, Impact, and Legacy Seminar Series.
This seminar series will consider the ethical, legal, regulatory, and broader social and institutional impacts that COVID-19 has had, as well as the longer-lasting effects it may have on our society. This fifth seminar in the series will focus on how the health care system has reacted and evolved during the pandemic.
The COVID-19 pandemic has affected almost all aspects of life in the United States and around the world, disrupting the global economy as well as countless institutions. The issues raised by the COVID-19 pandemic present a critical juncture for the U.S. and other countries around the world. Our actions now have the potential to shape responses to future pandemics, and to ensure institutions serve all of our populations.
How have our institutions, including the structure of our health care system and its attendant regulations, affected the evolution of the pandemic? What lasting changes have legal responses to COVID-19 introduced? Which institutions and intersectional issues have worsened or complicated the impact of and response to the pandemic? Join us for a critical reflection on changes the pandemic has introduced and their anticipated legacy.
The COVID-19 and the Law: Disruption, Impact, and Legacy Seminar Series will take the place of the Petrie-Flom Center Annual Conference for 2021 due to the COVID-19 pandemic. This seminar series is organized in collaboration with the Solomon Center for Health Law and Policy at Yale Law School.
- Introduction and Moderator: Carmel Shachar, Executive Director, The Petrie-Flom Center for Health Law Policy, Biotechnology, and Bioethics, Harvard Law School
- Nina Kohn, David M. Levy L’48 Professor of Law and Faculty Director of Online Education, Syracuse University College of Law
- Matthew Lawrence, Associate Professor of Law, Emory Law
- Richard S. Saver, Arch T. Allen Distinguished Professor of Law, University of North Carolina School of Law
- Victoria Tiase, Director, Research Science, New York Presbyterian Hospital