- This event has passed.
The COVID-19 Crisis in India: Voices from the Frontline
June 21 @ 8:00 am - 9:30 am
Date: June 21, 2021, 5:30 to 7:00 pm IST/8:00 to 9:30 am ET
YouTube Link: https://youtu.be/bv_Dz8SE_C8
The webinar will be a panel discussion about the frontline efforts to manage the devastating COVID-19 pandemic surge in India. The panelists have been directly involved in activities relating to the containment of COVID-19 spread or engaged in COVID-19 related care and will address issues such as COVID preparedness, saving lives, and protecting mental health. As a Citizens’ Commission, we invite the public to participate in the discussion, provide input and engage with the panelists.
- Mirai Chatterjee, Director, Social Security Team, Self-Employed Women’s Association (SEWA)
- Ajay Nair, Chief Executive Officer, Swasth
- Sunita Rani, ASHA Worker and Secretary, ASHA Workers Union Haryana
- Priyadarsh, Yumetta Foundation
- Sreenivasan Jain, Journalist and Reality Check Host, NDTV
The Lancet Citizens’ Commission on Reimagining India’s Health System is an ambitious, cross-sectoral endeavor that aims to lay out a citizens’ roadmap to achieving universal health coverage for the people of India. Our new webinar series is intended to serve as a platform for public health discourse in India, and a means for academics, practitioners and the public to engage on substantive and timely issues regarding universal health coverage in India.