This appointment is used for a person’s first appointment at HSPH. The following supporting information is required for a first appointment:
- Letter from the department chair supporting the appointment
- 2 letters of recommendation
- curriculum vitae
- job description (for Research Associates)
- Wasabi Hire Form (transmitted electronically)
- Copy of Harvard International Office eScholar form (all international appointments, regardless of salary status)
In addition, if the individual will be paid on a Harvard payroll, the following items may be needed
- Signed offer letter
- Signed Harvard University Confidentiality Agreement (PDF)
- Foreign National Information Form (FNIF) (PDF)
- I-9 Form (PDF) (not needed for stipendees – object codes 6450 and 6452)
- Affirmative action form (only for positions for which there was more than one applicant)
For all paid appointments, please submit the required documentation with a paid appointment cover sheet (PDF).
For all unpaid appointments, please submit the required documentation with an unpaid appointment cover sheet (PDF).
This appointment is used when an annual appointee is being promoted to a new annual position. This most commonly happens when a research fellow is promoted to research associate.
The following supporting information is required for a promotion:
- Endorsement from the department chair indicating support for the promotion (can be chair signature added to letter of recommendation or separate letter from chair)
- 1 letter of recommendation
- curriculum vitae
- job description (for research associates)
- Wasabi Form (transmitted electronically)
- Relevant payroll forms, if not submitted for previous appointment
This appointment is used when a person receives an appointment that is identical to an appointment currently held, but with new starting and ending dates. The reappointment start date must immediately follow the current appointment end date with no break in service.
In most cases, an appointment can be renewed for up to three years without documentation. However, if an appointment has been held for three years and will be extended, a current CV and description of the appointee’s activities will be needed before a reappointment can be processed by Faculty Affairs.
Please note that there is a three-year limit on most postdoctoral fellow appointments. Information to confirm continued training and when the fellow’s training is expected to be completed is needed before a reappointment for a fourth or subsequent year can be processed.
For questions or additional information, contact Debbie Mattina at 617-432-1327 or firstname.lastname@example.org.