HSPH celebrated its centennial and the launch of a major fundraising campaign in October 2013, with a two-day event that featured an award ceremony at Harvard's Longwood campus and gala fete at the new Revere Hotel Boston Common, and continued at the School with a day-long Centennial Leadership Summit the next day.
Explore successes and stories from the School's first 100 years.
Thank you to our Gala committee for helping us plan our event of the century!
• Loreen Arbus
• T. Robert & Katherine States Burke, AB ’79
• Gerald Chan, SM ’75, SD ’79
• Eileen and Jack Connors, Jr.
• Joan & Barrie Damson, AB '56
• Countess Albina du Boisrouvray
• Esther & Sumner Feldberg, AB’45, MBA’49
• Holly Hayes
• Steve Kay, AB ’56, MBA ’58 & Lisbeth Tarlow, AM '72
• Jonathan S. Lavine, MBA ’92 & Jeannie Bachelor Lavine, AB ’88, MBA ’92*
• Nancy Lukitsh, MBA ’80
• Catie & Donald Marron
• Matthew & Monika McLennan
• Ronay & Richard Menschel, MBA ’59**
• Roslyn Payne, MBA ’70
• Swati A. Piramal, MPH ’92
• Michael Pollard, JD ’72, MPH ’74 & Penelope Pollard
• Lily Safra
• Amy Spies, AB ’75
• Christy Turlington Burns
• Clare Villari & David Weinstein
• Katie Vogelheim & John Hansen, Jr., AB ’81, MBA ’85
• Rosemary and J. Frederick Weintz, Jr., MBA ’51
*Co-chairs of the HSPH Campaign
**Honorary Co-Chairs of the HSPH Campaign
Committee members serve as ambassadors to the Gala.
HSPH honored Centennial Medalists President Bill Clinton, Founder, Clinton Foundation and 42nd President of the United States; Dr. Gro Harlem Brundtland, Former Prime Minister of Norway and former Director-General of WHO; Dr. Jim Yong Kim, President, World Bank Group and Next Generation Award Recipient: Chelsea Clinton, Vice Chair, Clinton Foundation at the Joseph B. Martin Conference Center on October 24.
HSPH graciously thanks the generous Leadership Supporters of the Centennial Celebration and Campaign Launch.
The event continued on October 25 with a daylong summit exploring the future of public health. Faculty, friends, and global health leaders examined both the sweeping challenges and the extraordinary opportunities facing the field in the next century.