The Lee Kum Sheung Center for Health and Happiness invites both Harvard and non-Harvard faculty and researchers to discuss topics related to the mission of the Center.
The theme of the 2020-2021 seminar series is health equity & positive well-being. For upcoming seminars, see our Upcoming Events page.
- September 23, 2020 – Dr. Mika Kivimäki, Professor of Epidemiology & Public Health, University College London
- October 28, 2020 – Dr. Vikram Patel, Pershing Square Professor of Global Health, Department of Global Health & Social Medicine, Harvard Medical School; Adjunct professor & Joint Director, Centre for Chronic Conditions & Injuries, Public Health Foundation of India
- December 2, 2020 – Dr. Cheryl Giscombé, LeVine Family Distinguished Associate Professor of Quality of Life, Health Promotion and Wellness, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill School of Nursing
- January 27, 2021 – Dr. Ashley Whillans, Assistant Professor in the Negotiation, Organizations & Markets Unit at Harvard Business School
- February 24, 2021 – George Ward, M.Sc., Behavioral Scientist, MIT Sloan School of Management
- March 24, 2021 – Dr. Michèle Lamont, Professor of Sociology and of African and African American Studies and the Robert I. Goldman Professor of European Studies at Harvard University
The 2019-2020 seminar series focused on resilience on the individual, city, and policy level.
- September 25, 2019 – Anita Chandra, DrPH, Vice President and Director of RAND Social and Economic Well-Being
- October 23, 2019 – Willem Kuyken, PhD, Ritblat Professor of Mindfulness and Psychological Science, Department of Psychiatry, University of Oxford
- November 20, 2019 – George Bonanno, PhD, Professor of Clinical Psychology, Columbia University Teachers College
- January 22, 2020 – Karmel Choi, PhD, Clinical and Research Fellow, Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health, Massachusetts General Hospital
- February 26, 2020 – Alonzo Plough, PhD, Clinical Professor of Health Services, University of Washington School of Public Health, Vice President for Research and Evaluation and Chief Science Officer, Robert Wood Johnson Foundation
The 2018-2019 seminar series focused on the two themes: (1) translation and communication and (2) biology and well-being.
- September 26, 2018 – Steve Gortmaker, PhD, Professor of the Practice of Health Sociology, Department of Social and Behavioral Sciences, Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health
- October 17, 2018 – Gina McCarthy, MSc, Professor of the Practice of Public Health, Department of Environmental Health, Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health
- October 25, 2018 – Richard J. Davidson, PhD, William James and Vilas Research Professor of Psychology and Psychiatry, Founder and Director of the Center for Healthy Minds, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- November 28, 2018 – David Silbersweig, MD, Chairman, Department of Psychiatry and Co-Director for Institute for the Neurosciences, Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Harvard Medical School Dean for Academic Programs at Partners HealthCare, Stanley Cobb Professor of Psychiatry, HMS
- January 23, 2019 – Eric Loucks, PhD, Associate Professor of Epidemiology, Associate Professor of Behavioral and Social Sciences, Associate Professor of Medicine, Brown University
- February 27, 2019 – Winnie Yip, PhD, Professor of the Practice of International Health Policy and Economics, Department of Global Health and Population, Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health
- March 27, 2019 – Karen Emmons, PhD, Professor of Social and Behavioral Sciences, Department of Social and Behavioral Sciences, Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health
- April 24, 2019 – Suzanne Segerstrom, PhD, Professor of Psychology, University of Kentucky