The Center is launching a new internship program for work-study students. Interns will be hired as Research Assistants and will support ongoing projects examining the linkages between physical health and psychological well-being.
The Department of Social and Behavioral Sciences at the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health is seeking three (3) paid, part-time (10-15 hours a week), Research Assistants (RAs) to begin as soon as possible, through May 2021 (term end date is dependent on work-study eligibility). Applicants must have Federal Work Study eligibility. The RAs will support various projects conducted at the Lee Kum Sheung Center for Health and Happiness that examine the psychological and social factors contributing to physical health outcomes, and their related biobehavioral pathways (e.g., health behaviors). The RAs will contribute to the preparation of manuscripts for publication, including but not limited to i) assisting with literature reviews, and ii) helping code/analyze data. The RAs may also help prepare conference presentations and progress reports. All work will be done remotely.
The Research Assistants will be part of a 6-month long internship program organized by the Lee Kum Sheung Center for Health and Happiness. They will receive mentorship from Center research staff and will be expected to attend virtual monthly Center seminars and student interest group meetings. In addition, they will be asked to submit a brief two-page report upon completion of the program.
- MPH or doctoral-level student at Harvard Chan
- Proficiency with SAS or R
- Knowledge of longitudinal analyses (e.g., linear mixed models, cox proportional-hazards model)
- Experience with literature reviews
- Understanding of the interplay between mental health and physical health
- Must be a current MA resident and have a local mailing address
Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until the position is filled. If you are interested in this position, please send an email to the Lee Kum Sheung Center for Health and Happiness (firstname.lastname@example.org) with “RA application” in the subject line. Please attach:
- your updated CV
- a writing sample (such as a term paper, whitepaper, or peer-reviewed publication)
- a brief cover letter describing how your skills, background, and motivations relate to this position
- your local (MA) mailing address