Career Advancement Office Events, Featured Jobs and Deadlines
UPCOMING CAREER ADVANCEMENT EVENTS
More Job/Fellowship Opportunities
Summer Analyst Position at Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP – New York
Manatt Health integrates consulting and legal expertise to better serve the complex needs of clients across the health care system. Combining legal excellence, firsthand experience in shaping public policy, sophisticated strategy insight, and deep analytic capabilities, we provide uniquely valuable professional services to the full range of health industry players. Our diverse team of more than 160 consultants and attorneys from Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP, and its consulting subsidiary, Manatt Health Strategies, LLC, is passionate about helping our clients advance their business interests, fulfill their missions, and lead health care into the future. For more information, visit https://www.manatt.com/health.
Summer Analyst Program Overview
We invite you to help make an impact this summer alongside our nationally recognized health care strategy and policy consulting team at Manatt Health. As a participant in our Summer Analyst Program, you will:
- Attend a kickoff orientation where you will learn about our culture and clients, as well as receive formal skill development and content training.
- Work on a wide range of health care consulting projects for clients that are passionate about improving health care.
- Have the opportunity to work with industry leaders and gain hands-on experience.
- Receive a comprehensive overview of what it’s like to work as a consultant at Manatt Health Strategies.
Our Summer Analyst Program is an eight-to-ten-week program, the objective of which is to identify candidates for consultant roles upon graduation from their academic programs. Locations include Boston, Chicago, New York, San Francisco, and Washington, D.C. Participation in the program is compensated.
At Manatt Health, you will be inspired to make the world a better place. You will work with a team of passionate and driven professionals on the development of business strategy and policy recommendations for our clients. In this role:
- You will work on a broad range of substantive issues, including payment and delivery system transformation; health care reform implementation; hospital, health system, and academic medical center strategy; strategic planning services; Medicaid policy, redesign, and innovation; Medicare program elements; health IT strategy; digital health; and pharmaceutical market access, coverage, and reimbursement strategies.
- Your responsibilities will include developing high-impact strategies to advance our clients’ policy and business objectives; conducting qualitative and quantitative research on health care business and policy issues; developing, designing, and delivering presentations; monitoring federal and state health policy trends; and tracking emerging health care market trends.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Fostering diversity, equity, and inclusion is a Manatt core value and fundamental to our organizational identity. We believe that a diverse workforce that reflects the communities in which we live, work, and serve enriches Manatt’s culture and enhances our ability to understand our clients’ needs and develop better, more impactful solutions. Manatt’s Diversity and Inclusion Committee drives the Firm’s efforts, working with firm leadership and engaging our legal, consulting, and business professionals to create and sustain a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace. For more information, visit https://www.manatt.com/diversity.
You must have a passion for working in health care and be a graduate student pursuing an advanced degree with a focus on public health, business administration, public administration, public policy, health administration, or health care management or other related area, with an anticipated graduation date in winter/spring 2024. Preferably, you will have:
- A master’s degree in business administration, public health, public administration, public policy, health administration, economics, health care management, or another relevant area from an accredited graduate program that will be conferred in 2024.
- Two or more years of relevant work experience (preferred).
- Internships and relevant lived experience, with a demonstrated interest in and enthusiasm for business and marketplace issues, health equity, and other health care trends (highly valued).
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational, communication, analytical, and written and verbal communication skills in a variety of settings and media.
- An ability to work independently and on teams on meaningful projects that can bring about real change.
- Strong computer skills, including professional proficiency with Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Modeling skills with the ability to develop financial models (a plus).
Join Us to Help Make an Impact
If you would like to be on the cutting edge of the issues and opportunities facing the health care sector, we strongly encourage you to apply. You must apply through our online application portal (apply here). As part of your application, upload a cover letter, an unofficial transcript, and a two-to-three-page writing sample. The writing sample can be from your academic, work, or individual experience, where you are the sole or primary author (examples include memo, issue brief, short research paper, market/competitive analysis, personal statement, and PowerPoint).
Manatt is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
10 week program, annualized base salary of $119,000 – $145,000 based on relevant experience and advanced degrees
American Federation for Aging Research – Clarence Pearson Fellowship in Public Health and Aging – Deadline February 15, 2023
The American Federation for Aging Research is seeking applications from currently enrolled graduate students for the Clarence Pearson Fellowship in Public Health and Aging for Spring-Summer 2023. The deadline for applications is February 15, 2023.
The fellowship will focus on an educational program for young adults. This is a continuation of work done in 2022 to contribute to a series produced by AFAR and WOMANIUM. This 5-6 month fellowship is a rare opportunity for a master’s level student to build an education program that will ultimately impact the lives of young emerging scientists and innovators across the globe.
We especially encourage students in public health, communications, non-profit management, or public administration to apply.
This fellowship will be hosted virtually and at AFAR’s office in Midtown Manhattan. While AFAR encourages applicants from the East Coast, we will review all candidates who are willing to work within the eastern time zone.
For application requirements, please click here .
Health Equity Analyst at BMC:
Operations Manager at Birth Sisters Program at BMC:
Public Policy Analyst at RIP Medical Debt (NYC – remote considered):
Third Way seeks a Health Policy Advisor:
ASFCME seeks a Legislative Affairs Specialist:
NACHC Seeks a Director of Federal Affairs, a Deputy Director of State Policy, and a Program Associate in Federal Policy:
UNH Sustainability Fellowship: Make an impact this summer! – Applications Due February 10, 2023
Take your college experience to the next level with an impactful Fellowship! Register to join us for our informational webinar on Thursday, November 17th, 2:00-3:00 PM (EST). You’ll learn about the program, how to apply, and hear from program alumni!
UNH Sustainability Fellowships pair exceptional students and post-baccalaureates from UNH as well as colleges and universities across the nation with host organizations in New England to work on transformative sustainability initiatives. Each summer, Fellows undertake challenging sustainability projects that are designed to create an immediate impact, offer an extraordinary learning experience, and foster meaningful collaboration.
By becoming a Sustainability Fellow, you will have the opportunity to…
- Work with municipal, educational, corporate, and non-profit partners in New England
- Connect with a growing network of sustainability leaders (mentors, advisors, alumni, and peers)
- Learn through hands-on experience and professional development
- Build resilience throughout New England
- Earn $8,000 (post-baccalaureates) or $6,000 (undergraduates)
Feel free to reach out to Alexis Dwyer with your questions.