At this time, some of these resources listed below are old. However, each resource provides a valuable summary of the accumulating literature about health literacy at the time at which it was written.
- Health Literacy in The “Oral Exchange”: An Important Element of Patient–Provider Communication by S. Nouri, R. Rudd. Patient Education & Counseling, Volume 98(5); (2015).
- Health Literacy Interventions and Outcomes: An Updated Systematic Review by N. Berkman et al. Rockville (MD): Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (US). Report No.: 11-E006; (2011).
- Health Literacy: An Updated Review of the Medical and Public Health Literature by R. Rudd with J. Epstein Anderson, S. Oppenheimer, C. Nath. Annual Review of Adult Learning and Literacy, Volume 7; (2007).
- Understanding Health Literacy and its Barriers by M. Zorn, M. Allen, A. Horowitz. Library of Medicine; (2004).
- Health Literacy: A Review of the Medical and Public Health Literature by R. Rudd, B. Moeykens, T. Colton. Annual Review of Adult Learning and Literacy, Volume 1; (2000).