Heresh (also known as Hassan) Amini has a PhD (2017) in Epidemiology from the Swiss Tropical and Public Health Institute (Swiss TPH), under the supervision of Prof. Nino Künzli. He is a Postdoctoral Research Fellow in Environmental Epidemiology at Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health under the supervision of Prof. Joel Schwartz. Heresh works in the fields of exposure science and environmental epidemiology.
- Ph.D. in Epidemiology, 2017, Swiss Tropical and Public Health Institute, University of Basel, Basel, Switzerland (supervisor: Prof. Nino Künzli; external co-referee: Prof. Gerard Hoek)
- MSc in Environmental Health Engineering, 2012, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran (supervisor: Prof. Masud Yunesian)
- BSc in Environmental Health Engineering, 2008, Shahid Beheshti University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
- Mousavi SE, Amini H, Heydarpour P, Amini Chermahini F, Godderis L (2019) Air pollution, environmental chemicals, and smoking may trigger vitamin D deficiency: Evidence and potential mechanisms. Environment International 122: 67–90 DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.envint.2018.11.052
- Yousefian F, Mahvi AH, Yunesian M, Hassanvand MS, Kashani H, Amini H (2018) Long-term exposure to ambient air pollution and autism spectrum disorder in children: A case-control study in Tehran, Iran. Science of the Total Environment 643: 1216–1222 DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.scitotenv.2018.06.259
- Shaddick G, Thomas ML, Amini H, Broday D, Cohen A, Frostad J, Green A, Gumy S, Liu Y, Martin RV, Pruss-Ustun A, Simpson D, Donkelaar Av, Brauer M (2018). Data integration for the assessment of population exposure to ambient air pollution for global burden of disease assessment. Environmental Science & Technology DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1021/acs.est.8b02864
- Amini H, Schindler C, Hosseini V, Yunesian M, Künzli N (2017) Land use regression models for alkylbenzenes in a Middle Eastern megacity: Tehran Study of Exposure Prediction for Environmental Health Research (Tehran SEPEHR). Environmental Science & Technology 51:8481–8490 DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1021/acs.est.7b02238
- Amini H, Hosseini V, Schindler C, Hassankhany H, Yunesian M, Henderson SB, Künzli N (2017) Spatiotemporal description of BTEX volatile organic compounds in a Middle Eastern megacity: Tehran Study of Exposure Prediction for Environmental Health Research (Tehran SEPEHR). Environmental Pollution 226:219–229 DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.envpol.2017.04.027
- Amini H, Yunesian M, Hosseini V, Schindler C, Henderson SB, Künzli N (2017) A systematic review of land use regression models for volatile organic compounds. Atmospheric Environment 171:1–16 DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.atmosenv.2017.10.010
Heresh has acted as a peer-reviewer for more than 20 journals, such as Environment International, Environmental Science & Technology, Environmental Pollution, Environmental Research, Atmospheric Environment, Journal of Exposure Science and Environmental Epidemiology, and many others. An updated record of his peer-reviewing activity is available on Publons .