Resolved: 8/30/20, 12:00pm
Harvard University IT reports that CenturyLink has repaired the network problems. Users are now able to reach School and University resources.
If you encounter any printing problems please contact the IT Helpdesk at (617) 432-4357 or email email@example.com.
Update: 8/30/20, 10:30am
Harvard University IT has determined the trouble is with the network provider, CenturyLink. Outages are affecting sites in the US and Europe. HUIT is working with the vendor to correct the problem. Users may have varied experience reaching School and University resources depending on their Internet Service Provider.
Reported: 8/30/20, 6:00am
Harvard University IT is troubleshooting a problem with network links affecting most systems at the school. Some users may be unable to access the services below.
Affected systems may include:
– Virtual Desktop Systems
– File and Print services
– Mailman listservs
– Local SMTP email services
– FILR (web-based access to network drives)
– Powerfaids and NetPartner
– CCure and Passage Point
– Microsoft Teams
– Office 365 (email, calendar, OneDrive, SharePoint, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
– Administrative forms (account requests, visitor pass requests, computer setup, etc.)
– Kiteworks by Accellion File Transfer service
– The Forum website
– Web Server (main www.hsph.harvard.edu site)