Please continue to check this page as we work on adding more material.
Are you teaching a course this January or Spring?
All January and Spring 2017 courses have been created. Review the Instructor Site Design Checklist to make sure you are ready for the start of the semester.
Please note, there are a few things you will have to do once your course is created. We recommend that you:
- Add dates to assignments (all dates are removed when courses are migrated over).
- Review your course, update materials and then publish the course when you are ready to distribute it to your students. Please also make sure that any material that students should not have access to is in an unpublished state. See the Canvas Guide for more information on publishing and unpublishing course materials.
All discussion topics (if used) have been migrated over, but comments have not. Please review the discussions and delete any that were student generated or are no longer applicable to the course.
Important Note: Please do not use Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge browsers when using Canvas as you may be unable to perform certain tasks (for instance, submitting assignments).
Canvas Training at Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health
For additional information on Canvas or to schedule a department or individual training session either virtually or in-person, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Visit the Harvard Guide to Using Canvas wiki.
- Use the Site Design Checklist to get ready for go-live of your Canvas course.
- Take Lynda.com’s “Up and Running with Canvas” tutorial.
- View the Canvas Instructor Guide.
Canvas Information for Students: