Available Harvard-wide, a Virtual Private Network (VPN) creates a secure connection between your home PC or Mac, and University resources by creating an “encrypted tunnel” for the data communication. Many Harvard University resources require a VPN connection when off-campus.
Key Features and Benefits
- Permits secure access to many University resources when connecting from off-campus that are not available over the Internet.
- Reliable and resilient.
- VPN client software is updated automatically.
Requirements & Limitations
- Everyone with an active HUID (Harvard University ID) automatically has access to Harvard VPN
- Users are required to login with HarvardKey two-step verification. Activate two-step verification now.
- All VPN network traffic subject to all applicable policies. Learn more on the Information Security website.
Get your VPN account
Send a ticket to Field Support Services
– 617-432-HELP (4357)
Connect with VPN
– Follow these instructions to connect to VPN.
Remote control your office PC
– Follow these instructions to control your office PC from home.