My principal research interests are:
– To examine diet-related non-communicable disease incidence and mortality
– To determine dietary priorities for prevention and treatment of chronic disease
– To understand the effect of emotional and environmental factors on risk of non-communicable disease incidence and mortality at the population level
– Farvid MS, Eliassen AH, Cho E, Liao X, Chen WY, Willett WC. Dietary fiber intake in young adult and breast cancer risk. Pediatrics. 2016. 137:1-11.
– Farvid MS, Chen WY. Adolescent diet and breast cancer risk. Curr Nutr Rep. 2016.
– Farvid MS, Eliassen AH, Cho E, Chen WY, Willett WC. Adolescent and early adulthood dietary carbohydrate quantity and quality in relation to breast cancer risk. CEBP. 2015; 24:1111-20.
– Farvid MS, Cho E, Chen WY, Eliassen AH, Willett WC. Adolescent meat intake and breast cancer risk. IJC. 2015;136:1909-20.
– Farvid MS, Cho E, Chen WY, Eliassen AH, Willett WC. Dietary protein sources in early adulthood and breast cancer incidence: results from a prospective cohort study. BMJ. 2014;348:g3437.
– Farvid MS, Cho E, Chen WY, Eliassen AH, Willett WC. Premenopausal dietary fat intake in relation to pre and postmenopausal breast cancer. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2014; 145: 255-265.
– Farvid MS, Ding M, Sun Q, Pan A, Chuvie SE, Steffen LM, Willett WC, Hu FB. Dietary linoleic acid and risk of coronary heart disease: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Circulation. 2014;130:1568-78.
– Farvid MS, Qi L, Hu FB, Kawachi I, Okereke O, Kubzansky L, Willett WC. Phobic anxiety and diabetes incidence in US men and women. Brain, Behavior, Immunity. 2014; 36:176-182.
– Farvid MS, Homayouni F, Shokoohi M, Fallah A, Farvid MS. Glycemic index, glycemic load, and their associations with glycemic control among patients with type 2 diabetes. EJCN. 2014; 68:459-63.
– Farvid MS, Homayouni F, Kashkalani F, Shirzadeh L, Valipour Gh, Farahnak Z. The associations between oxygen radical absorbance capacity (ORAC) of dietary intake and hypertension in type 2 diabetic patients. J Hum Hypertens. 2013;27:164-8.
– Farvid MS, Homayoni F, Amiri Z, Adelmannesh F. Improving Neuropathy scores in Type 2 diabetic patients using micronutrients supplementation. Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2011;93:86-94.
– Nikooyeh B, Neyestani TR, Farvid M, Alavi-Majd H, Houshiarrad A, Kalayi A, Shariatzadeh N, Gharavi A, Heravifard S, Tayebinejad N, Salekzamani S, Zahedirad M. Daily consumption of vitamin D- or vitamin D + calcium-fortified yogurt drink improved glycemic control in patients with type 2 diabetes: a randomized clinical trial. Am J Clin Nutr. 2011;93:764-71.
– Ooi EM, Watts GF, Farvid MS, Chan DC, Allen MC, Zilko SR, Barrett PH. High-density lipoprotein apolipoprotein A-I kinetics: comparison of radioactive and stable isotope studies. Eur J Clin Invest. 2006;36:626-32.
– Farvid MS, Jalali M, Siassi F, Hosseini M .Comparison the Effects of Vitamins and/or Mineral Supplementation on Glomerular and Tubular Dysfunction in Type 2 Diabetes. Diabetes Care. 2005; 28:2458-64.