Tailored To Physicians’ Specific Health Care Management Needs
The degree of Master in Health Care Management goes beyond the traditional MBA program, by applying business management disciplines to the specialized practices of the health care sector.
- Organizational Behavior
- Information Systems
- Operations Management
- Accounting and Control
- Financial Management
- Corporate Strategy Determination
- Negotiation and Communication
Leveraging Public Health Expertise to Stay Ahead of the Curve on Health Care Trends, Issues, and Competitive Strategies
The program also provides courses not generally offered in traditional business school programs, which prepare managers to deal specifically with the US healthcare marketplace.
- Health Policy and Payment Systems – develops knowledge to manage the challenges presented by our public and private health financing systems
- Health Care Quality Improvement – utilizes an interdisciplinary approach to creating systems that address the realities of human error in health delivery systems
- Quality Field Project – completes a year-long quality improvement field project from conception and design to implementation
- Innovative Problem Solving & Design Thinking – provides an opportunity to model the leader’s role in adapting faster to change and to quickly rework products and processes
- Transitioning to Physician Leadership – explores the skills required to succeed in general leadership roles; particular emphasis is placed on managing the challenges that accompany the career transition from clinician to leader