PhD University of Michigan, Ann Arbor: 2010
MPH University of Michigan, Ann Arbor: 2007
BSc American University of Beirut: 2005
- Afeiche M, Mendiola J, Gaskins AJ, Jørgensen N, Swan SH, Chavarro JE. Dairy food intake in relation to semen quality and reproductive hormone levels among physically active young men. Human Reproduction. 2013 [Epub ahead of print].
- Gaskins AJ, Mendiola J, Afeiche M, Jørgensen N, Swan SH, Chavarro JE. Physical activity and television watching in relation to semen quality in young men. British Journal of Sports Medicine. 2013. [Epub ahead of print]. PMID: 23380634
- Colaci DS, Afeiche M, Gaskins AJ, Wright D, Toth TL, Tanrikut C, Hauser R, Chavarro JE. Men’s body mass index in relation to embryo quality and clinical outcomes in couples undergoing in vitro fertilization. Fertility and Sterility. 2012. 98(5). PMID: 22884013
- Afeiche M, Peterson KE, Cantonwine D, Sánchez BN, Ettinger AS, Sagiv S, Rueda R, Chavarro JE, Schnaas L, Lamadrid-Figueroa H, Hu H, Hernández-Avila M, Téllez-Rojo MM. Environmental lead exposure and odds of earlier pubertal onset. Environmental Health Perspectives. ISEE 2011. Abstracts of the 23rd Annual Conference of the International Society of Environmental Epidemiology (ISEE). September 13 – 16, 2011, Barcelona, Spain. http://dx.doi.org/10.1289/ehp.isee2011.
- Afeiche M, Peterson KE, Sánchez BN, Schnaas L, Cantonwine D, Ettinger AS, Solano- González M, Hernández-Avila M, Hu H, Téllez-Rojo MM. Windows of lead exposure sensitivity, attained height, and BMI at 48 months. The Journal of Pediatrics. 2012, 160(6). PMID: 22284921
- Afeiche M, Peterson KE, Sánchez BN, Cantonwine D, Lamadrid-Figueroa H, Schnaas L, Ettinger AS, Hernández-Avila M, Hu H, Téllez-Rojo MM. Prenatal Lead Exposure and Weight of 0 to 5 Year-Old Children in Mexico City. Environmental Health Perspectives. 2011. 119(10). PMID: 21715242
- Nriagu J, Afeiche M, Linder A, Arowolo T, Ana G, Sridhar MK, Oloruntoba EO, Obi E, Ebenebe JC, Orisakwe OE, Adesina A. Lead poisoning associated with malaria in children of urban areas of Nigeria. International Journal of Hygiene and Environmental Health. 2008. 211(5-6). PMID: 18599348
Dr. Afeiche’s research interest include the study of nutritional, lifestyle, and environmental exposures on development, puberty, and reproduction. She is investigating the influence of nutritional and lifestyle factors on semen parameters and in-vitro fertilization outcomes among couples undergoing fertility treatment. In addition, she is also examining diet in relation to semen parameters among a cohort of young men.
During her doctoral training, she studied prenatal lead exposure in relation to child body habitus, attained height, and adolescent sexual maturation in a longitudinal birth cohort study (ELEMENT) in Mexico City.