Title and Affiliation
Postdoctoral Research Fellow
Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health
Center for Nanotechnology and Nanotoxicology
Tao received his B.S. degree in Polymer Materials and Engineering in July 2010 from the Qingdao University of Science and Technology and M.S. degree in Materials Science and Engineering in July 2013 from the Beijing University of Chemical Technology. In May 2018, he earned his Ph.D. in biomedical engineering at the South Dakota School of Mines and Technology. His dissertation research was primarily about three-dimensional electrospun nanofibrous structures as innovative bone tissue engineering scaffolds.
Tao joined Dr. Philip Demokritou’s group in Oct 2018 as a postdoctoral research fellow in the Center for Nanotechnology and Nanotoxicology to study the nature-derived fibers and nanospheres using electrospray/electrospinning for food safety and quality applications.
- Smart food packaging materials using electrospray/electrospinning of nature derived biopolymers
- Nanoencapsulation and smart/responsive delivery of agrichemicals using electrospray/electrospinning of nature derived biopolymers
- Electrospun 3D nanofibrous structures for biomedicine, energy, and environment applications
- Tao Xu, Zhipeng Liang, Bin Ding, Quan Feng*, Hao Fong*. Polymer blend nanofibers containing polycaprolactone as biocompatible and biodegradable binding agent to fabricate electrospun 3D scaffolds. Polymer, 2018, 151, 299–
- Tao Xu, Qingqing Yao, Jacob M. Miszuk, Hanna J. Sanyour, Zhongkui Hong, Hongli Sun, Hao Fong*. Tailoring weight ratios of PCL/PLA in electrospun 3D nanofibrous scaffolds and the effect on osteogenic differentiation of stem cells. Colloids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces, 2018, 171, 31–
- Jacob M. Miszuk, Tao Xu, Qingqing Yao, Fang Fang, Josh D. Childs, Zhongkui Hong, Jianning Tao, Hao Fong*, Hongli Sun*. Functionalization of PCL-3D electrospun nanofibrous scaffolds for improved BMP2-induced bone formation. Applied Materials Today, 2017, 10, 194–
- Tao Xu, Zhao Wang, Yichun Ding, Wenhui Xu, Weidong Wu*, Zhengtao Zhu, Hao Fong*. Ultralight electrospun cellulose sponge with super-high capacity on absorption of organic compounds. Carbohydrate Polymers, 2018, 179: 164–
- Tao Xu, Yichun Ding, Zhao Wang, Yong Zhao, Weidong Wu, Hao Fong*, Zhengtao Zhu*. Three-Dimensional, Ultralight, and Conductive Sponge Assembled from Electrospun Nanofibers for Highly Sensitive Tactile Pressure Sensor. Journal of Materials Chemistry C, 2017, 5 (39): 10288–
- Dingsheng Wu, Quan Feng*, Tao Xu, Anfang Wei, Hao Fong*. Electrospun blend nanofiber membrane consisting of polyurethane, amidoxime polyarcylonitrile, and β-cyclodextrin as high-performance carrier/support for efficient and reusable immobilization of laccase. Chemical Engineering Journal, 2018, 331: 517–
- Qingqing Yao, Jaqueline G.L. Cosmeb, Tao Xu, Jacob M. Miszuk, Paulo H.S. Picciani, Hao Fong*, and Hongli Sun*. Three Dimensional Electrospun PCL/PLA Blend Nanofibrous Scaffolds with Significantly Improved Stem Cells Osteogenic Differentiation and Cranial Bone Formation. Biomaterials, 2017, 115: 115–127.
- Tao Xu, Jacob M. Miszuk, Yong Zhao, Hongli Sun*, and Hao Fong*. Electrospun Polycaprolactone 3D Nanofibrous Scaffold with Interconnected and Hierarchically Structured Pores for Bone Tissue Engineering. Advanced Healthcare Materials, 2015, 4(15): 2238–2246.
- Yong Zhao, Tao Xu, Xiaojing Ma, Min Xi, David R. Salem*, and Hao Fong*. Hybrid Multi-scale Epoxy Composites Containing Conventional Glass Microfibers and Electrospun Glass Nanofibers with Improved Mechanical Properties. Journal of Applied Polymer Science, 2015, 132(44): 42731.
- Quan Feng, Dayin Hou, Yong Zhao, Tao Xu, Todd J. Menkhaus*, and Hao Fong*. Electrospun Regenerated Cellulose Nanofibrous Membranes Surface-Grafted with Polymer Chains/Brushes via the Atom Transfer Radical Polymerization Method for Catalase Immobilization. ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, 2014, 6(23): 20958–20967.
You must be logged in to post a comment.