Title and Affiliation
Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health
Office Location: SPH1-1303
Dr. Konduru’s research experience spans diverse fields including biology, chemistry, biophysics, medicine, and toxicology. Specifically, he has been studying the adverse effects of different nanomaterials including their biokinetic profiling and toxicity. Under the mentorship of Professor Joseph Brain, Dr. Konduru’s research has been focused on understanding the interaction of nanoparticle surfaces with biomolecules of lung lining fluid, formation of phospholipid-protein corona, and its role on nanoparticle toxicity and lung clearance. He uses cutting-edge in vitro and in vivo techniques to probe pulmonary responses to nanoparticles. He received the NIH Pathway to Independence K99/ROO award to study the role of phospholipid-protein corona on pulmonary clearance and toxicity of nanomaterials.
- Environmental Health
- Environmental Toxicology
- Molina RM, Konduru NV, Hirano H, Adamo B, Laurenzi B, Donaghey TC, Pyrgiotakis G, Brain JD. Pulmonary distribution of nanoceria: comparison of intratracheal, microspray instillation and dry powder insufflation. Inhal Toxicol. 2016 Oct;28(12):550-60.
- Tsuda A, Konduru NV. The role of natural processes and surface energy of inhaled engineered nanoparticles on aggregation and corona formation. NanoImpact. 2016 Apr;2:38–44. Review Article.
- Konduru NV, Murdaugh KM, Swami A, Jimenez RJ, Donaghey TC, Demokritou P, Brain JD, Molina RM. Surface modification of zinc oxide nanoparticles with amorphous silica alters their fate in the circulation. Nanotoxicology. 2016 Aug;10(6):720-7.
- Konduru NV, Jimenez R J, Swami A, Friend S, Castranova V, Demokritou P, Brain JD, Molina RM. Silica coating influences the corona and biokinetics of cerium oxide nanoparticles. Part Fibre Toxicol. 2015 Oct;12:31.
- Konduru NV, Murdaugh KM, Sotiriou GA, Donaghey TC, Demokritou P, Brain JD, Molina RM. Bioavailability, distribution and clearance of tracheally-instilled and gavaged uncoated or silica-coated zinc oxide nanoparticles. Part Fibre Toxicol. 2014 Sep;11:44.
- Molina R, Konduru NV, Jimenez R, Pyrgiotakis G, Demokritou P, Wohlleben W, Brain J. Bioavailability, distribution and clearance of tracheally instilled, gavaged or injected cerium dioxide nanoparticles and ionic cerium. Environ Sci Nano. 2014 Dec;1(6):561-73.
- Konduru NV, Keller J, Ma-Hock L, Gröters S, Landsiedel R, Donaghey TC, Brain JD, Wohlleben W, Molina RM. Biokinetics and effects of barium sulfate nanoparticles. Part Fibre Toxicol. 2014 Oct;11:55.