These fluffy macaroon cookies make a satisfying substitute for the standard sugary version. Add a few dark chocolate chips to create a perfect, homey dessert. (See more recipes from Always Delicious).
Almond Coconut Macaroons
* 1 1/2 cups almond flour
* 1 cup unsweetened finely shredded coconut
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
* 6 tablespoons avocado oil
* 1/4 cup honey
* 1 egg, beaten
* 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine the almond flour, coconut, salt, and baking soda in a large bowl until well mixed.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the oil, honey, egg, and vanilla.
- Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients with a spatula until well combined.
- Using a round tablespoon or small ice cream scoop, spoon 1 heaping tablespoon of the dough onto the prepared baking sheet; repeat to make 24 cookies, spacing them 1/2 to 1 inch apart. Distribute any remaining dough among the cookies.
- Bake for 7 to 9 minutes, or until the tops are golden brown.
Recipe from Always Delicious by David Ludwig, MD, PH & Chef Dawn Ludwig. Published by Grand Central Life & Style. Copyright © 2018 David Ludwig, MD, PH & Dawn Ludwig.
The contents of this website are for educational purposes and are not intended to offer personal medical advice. You should seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website. The Nutrition Source does not recommend or endorse any products.